Snow Predator finished (yay!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grendel64

Well, I'm calling this guy DONE. There will probably be tweaks and such down the road but for now I'm happy with the result.
Thanks to everyone who offered support and crits in the build thread, it's really almost a community effort to put one of these suits together, so kudos everyone.
On to the pics-
The quills are Porcupine (and sharp...ouch!)
feathers-Ruffed Grouse
Tail on back of canon- wolf
fur on loincloth- fox
The eyes are from Vinmanmac

preddone1.jpg

preddone2.jpg

preddone4.jpg

preddone5.jpg

So I guess that's it for now....once again thanks to all who helped out or sold me the parts to complete him...my own Blizzard Beast!
I'll try to get suited up shots once there's enough snow on the ground (hey, he's a snow pred, right??)

Mike

preddone1.jpg

preddone2.jpg

preddone4.jpg

preddone5.jpg

Straight Up Top Notch!!!!! all the little tweaks really completed him. Cant wait to see those snow shots. superb, really!

Thats cool. I know your excited about showing it off. Porcupine quills will keep those that like to play touchy touchy with mask from it. :D You going to any of the cons next year?

Thats cool. I know your excited about showing it off. Porcupine quills will keep those that like to play touchy touchy with mask from it. :D You going to any of the cons next year?
No idea at this point. Would be nice to troop in it but...?
Mike

That is one nice ”Snow” pred you got there. Amazing. Congrats Mike

David

BTW We are going to have to go on the hunt for sure now. LOL

AWESOME.

I see you got the cannon mount arm figured out. Any tutorials on that? Also I really like the material you used for the strapping of the left shoulder armor around your bicep. Where did you locate that?

Yes congratulations in order for the completion of a highly original and stylistic suit. Very unusual paint scheme and stands out from the more subdued paintjobs elsewhere. Eyes really finish it off. Well done and give yourself a big pat on the back.

AWESOME.

I see you got the cannon mount arm figured out. Any tutorials on that? Also I really like the material you used for the strapping of the left shoulder armor around your bicep. Where did you locate that?
The strap around the bicep was actually part of the armor set from Casey (aka "the one stop pred shop" :D )
The canon arm is a bit jury rigged but I'll try to post up how I mounted it. It still sags a bit under the canon's weight. For display purposes I have a glue stick helping prop it up...
canonmount.jpg

Thanks for the comments everyone
Mike

canonmount.jpg

Amazing suit, looks great. Everything seems to just work together, nicely matched up.

However I do now hate you as I was planning on doing an albino-esque pred with P2 style armour in dark silver/black. Ah well, you will no doubt have more snow than me, so I will think of something else!

Congrats on the suit though, look forward to the snow pictures. :D

Awesome, Museum quality paint on the mask and I do hope you hire a professional to take pics with this suit in action.
This guy needs proper lighting!

I never thought that I'd see a predator in white! This is just awesome. Been building custom Mandos for a while now, it's good to see the custom spirit is alive here as well! Come to think of it, the two races are not that far apart... :p

Now thats something you don't usually see.A white pred suit...man that thing looks wicked!!Great idea and nice job too!

I'm finally going to start a suit for myself,but its going to take some time.Thats the fun part. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back