Snitch In a Jar

kidnamedrichie

Hello fellow Potterheads,

Looking at all the amazing paper crafts and larger crafts you guys have created I was inspired to do my own little thing. I had always wanted a Golden Snitch but wasn't really satisfied with the ones I saw for sale simply based on presentation, so I did my own little thing based on a picture I saw on Tumblr of a snitch in a jar.

It's obviously very simple. I just used a few of the stamps/seals I found here on the forum and made stickers to put on the jar. The idea is that this a "game ball" that I got to keep. I personalized it since I'm a Ravenclaw and I'm in process of ordering a better sticker. The biggest part of the whole project was painting the Snitch because when I got it, it was very, very dark as you can see in the picture. You could also leave it that way and present as being from a hundreds year old game. It's up to you. Just a little something to do with my weekend and an addition to my small collection.

Just a few tips since I think directions aren't necessary.

1. The bigger the jar or canister you use the more it will roll around so try to keep it as fitted as possible to the size of your Snitch.

2. If you're printing your own sticker as I did, remember to measure you container to make sure the stickers will fit before you use the sticker paper.

3. Have fun and be creative.
IMAG0029.jpgIMAG0031.jpgIMAG0033.jpgIMAG0037.jpgIMAG0040.jpgIMAG0038.jpgIMAG0039.jpg

Doesn't look the same colour as in the first pic though... :confused

Perhaps the link I posted is a re-packaging of the same one with a different paint job, the details, of how the wings attach seem the same. How wrong can you go for the prices people say the got it for in the reviews?

So sorry for not getting back to you sooner. It is the same snitch as the link provided by Monkey540 and it is different packaging from the one I received so I can't promise it will be the same paint job mine had. But I re-painted mine anyway because the snitch I received was pretty burnished looking gold.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back