Sneak Peak at My New Suit: The Gladiator

ptgreek

Alright..here we go. These are pics of my basic test fitting of my whole body suit. The Head isnt done yet. I'm still waiting on some more dreads and a wireless remote laser system that Casey is so kind in rigging up for me. The concept is a Gladiator style Predator....he is also very dark in color ...both fitting nicely with the theme of the predators in the upcoming film. Lots of people to thank so far. P.Mander for the Head, Bio, torso and gauntlets. Lee for the best fitting legs ever. Andy for the shins, Scott for the anklets. Mike for the pred-alien shoulder. Newpredmaker for the parts that I bashed into his "harpoon". Garo for the samurai belt I dissected. Carl for the necklace. I guess Paramount for the parts from "The Scorpion King" that I pulled apart. Joe Evens for the amazing paint job on my skins. Chuck for the feet. Dwayne for the guidance and support. And all of you guys and gals here at the Lair that have led me to my third suit.

Still have some work to do. Arms need some trimming, head obviously ...and any more that you guys may come up with in your opinions

on with the pics

c8098ea7.jpg

b7ce03be.jpg

Oh Yeah ..since the shoulders are stuck on with magnets, I have the option to shift the "armor" around...here's Mike's Pred-alien Skull

f9014fc0.jpg

alright ...an unfinished Head shot ..these things look funny without the dreads

ccca7879.jpg

c8098ea7.jpg

b7ce03be.jpg

f9014fc0.jpg

ccca7879.jpg

Cool. This one has more Frankenstein feet than your last one. :eek:

To make the gauntlet blades come out of the housing less cockeyed, put some sheet foam or something in the inside of the gauntlet around where the blades would sit. With the Wolf codpiece on front, do you have some sort of buttflap armor or cloth on the backside?

The Predalien skull is sweet, as is the "harpoon" weapon! I also love how grungy the armor is weathered.

You're probably close to my waist size. I tried on those Usurper legs at Dwayne's house and the waist fit me perfectly with nothing at all needing to hold it up in place. Every other set of Pred legs I've tried is always too big for my skinny legs.

there are 8in of lifts there..only so much fit into the foot ..had to create an outer sole then paint, add strap...but you know..I always found it funny that the preds had all this armor and wore tiny sandals. I gave him stompers. Havent even gotten to the blades yet ..they were just stuck in at last moment..as were the lights on the bomb. the but flap is leather ..havent attached it yet...was going to do a front leather loin too, but think I'm changing my mind and sticking with just the wolf for now.

Ya ..the legs are great for us skinny guys. Me too..i'm just wearing them..no belt or suspenders. Hit up Lee.. they are perfect for you

Man that is awesome! Gotta say that is one kewl suit, mikes shoulder pad really goes well with the rest of it too. Love the feet too great way to add some height.

The suit looks great, LOOOOOOOVE the grungy /dirty/i dont give a **** look it has, im not a fan of the clean look.

now stop posting and go get the rest of it finished :eek:

hehe, glad the legs are going down so well, skinny legs must be a by product of years of football ( soccer to the US guys ) and running on the sand dunes. the waist is too big for me but i cut a V out of the ass on mine and they good to go now. how big are you guys? im 6'2 ,35" waist.

Ha ..Thanks guys ..weathering the armor was fun..went about it like Jason does his Bio's. Wish I could finish it tonight, but alas there are still more last minute parts to gather. I am adding straps to the arms and legs..but only on one side. I may trick out some old P1 hip armor pieces I have too. Lee, I think since I had you cast those legs up thick that they fit so well. I'm only 5'9 and have a 30in waist. with the feet and head I'm about a foot taller.

Ha ..Thanks guys ..weathering the armor was fun..went about it like Jason does his Bio's. Wish I could finish it tonight, but alas there are still more last minute parts to gather. I am adding straps to the arms and legs..but only on one side. I may trick out some old P1 hip armor pieces I have too. Lee, I think since I had you cast those legs up thick that they fit so well. I'm only 5'9 and have a 30in waist. with the feet and head I'm about a foot taller.

Cool, lookingforward to seeing him finished ( its no longer a IT , its progressed to a HIM hehe ) I cast all my stuff thickish i hate paper thin latex. so the legs can fit from 30-38 ish cool handy to know.

That looks great! It all just "fits" together, really nice job. Can we get some daylight shots so I can take a closer look?

has a slight nod to the Klingon body armor as well. Kingons are bad ass Mofos!

Great job. It is a nice variation.

very cool! i like the dirty, just had a run in with 20 xeno's type look, i tried to get that with mine with the blood splatter on the bio and armour,again very very cool

Alright head almost 100% still gotta paint and glue on neckseal. Finished the Cyber-Gort bio, finished the dreads and beads, and finished the primal Bio. Still gotta glue in mesh/lenses ..but I'm getting closer.

3ae71b04.jpg

61ee50f0.jpg

71f3c58b.jpg

713262fa.jpg

166cc174.jpg

3ae71b04.jpg

61ee50f0.jpg

71f3c58b.jpg

713262fa.jpg

166cc174.jpg

this looks awsome. i love that second bio, looks like wood or something. really different iv never seen it before.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back