Snake's Escape From New York S&W revolver

I keep hunting aroudn trying to find a suitable "close enough" airsoft and am having the hardest time finding something close.

Anybody gone down the airsoft route on this prop?

I keep hunting aroudn trying to find a suitable "close enough" airsoft and am having the hardest time finding something close.

Anybody gone down the airsoft route on this prop?
Maybe something like this?

It would require a bit of massaging to make it "close enough", there's also a chrome version which is a bit too shiny, don't know if it could be dulled down a bit.

Maybe cerakote stainless paint?

escape_airsoft.jpg

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread.

Yeah, the chrome version will need a lot of work. It's as close as you can get with airsoft though. I picked one up off of ebay (it was $30 then, now these guys fetch $65) along the way while building the live fire version with the intention of 3D printing the scope and mount. I did model out a new front sight for it but have not printed it.

I was planning to coat the gun in a matte clear to try and mimic the unpolished stainless look of the real deal.

The pachmayr rubber grips don't fit, and can't be made to fit, this airsoft either. I will eventually model out replica grips made specifically for this airsoft. Maybe I'll take a crack at that over the weekend.

If anybody is interested in the STL files let me know. I'll post them on thingiverse for free downloads.

Got some work done on the 3D models of the scope and mount this weekend. The grips are not done yet, but soon. Broke out the real deal with the calipers and got to work in fusion 360. Pretty happy with the results so far. They aren't quite done yet, still need details and things, but for a proof of concept it worked well. The scope and the mount slid together just like the real deal does. I didn't have to tweak that at all.
EFNY_airsoft_scope4.jpg
EFNY_airsoft_scope3.jpg
EFNY_airsoft_scope2.jpg
EFNY_airsoft_scope_mount1.jpg
EFNY_airsoft_scope_mount2.jpg
EFNY_airsoft_scope_mount3.jpg

EFNY_airsoft_scope1.jpg
EFNY_airsoft1.jpg

EFNY_airsoft2.jpg
EFNY_airsoft3.jpg

MORE SOON!!

Njc----

The holster is a Bianchi "judge" and they're all over ebay for $40 or $50. They are a breakfront, spring clasp holster used by the NYPD for many years. You'll see them with and without a basketweave pattern. They used one without the pattern for Snake. It's a really nice holster.
I was pretty sure I read [here on the forums] that it was something else ... hmm, another thing I'll have to do more research on (Noeland - no offence intended / not trying to start some ****; my findings were what made me purchase the holster I did).

Here's mine [the details I found said that the keeper flap was removed, so I've done the same on mine].
My Snake pistol 01.jpg
My Snake pistol 04.jpg

No offense taken. This is what we do, we research and discuss.

The holster you have there, which is a great revolver holster, is not the correct model. The stitching that goes around the cylinder and comes down to a point isn't present on the screen used holster, and the strap that goes over the back of the trigger guard isn't present on the screen used holster either.

You can see the lack of that stitching on the holster when it's on the table. the strap you can see is not there on some of the behind the scenes photos.

EFNY_gear.jpg

If you look at the holster in this shot you can see the back of the trigger guard has no strap going over it.

Lee-Van-Cleef-and-Kurt-Russell-on-the-set-of-Escape-from-New-York.jpg

I'll take a few photos of my holster with the pistol in it and post them up tomorrow.

This is something I'd been gathering pieces and parts of for years now. The scope mount, the scope itself, those are fairly rare items these days. Finding the revolver at a decent price was also a bit of a challenge. Turns out that the Smith & Wesson Model 67 "Combat Masterpiece" has aged well and is still in high demand. It fetches a good pile of cash.

View attachment 1356218

View attachment 1356220

View attachment 1356224

I haven't gotten to shoot it with the scope on yet. Soon though.
Hello, I just picked up all the same parts..but how do you mount the scope? There's no hole on the top of the pistol..di I have to drill and tap?

This is something I'd been gathering pieces and parts of for years now. The scope mount, the scope itself, those are fairly rare items these days. Finding the revolver at a decent price was also a bit of a challenge. Turns out that the Smith & Wesson Model 67 "Combat Masterpiece" has aged well and is still in high demand. It fetches a good pile of cash.

View attachment 1356218

View attachment 1356220

View attachment 1356224

I haven't gotten to shoot it with the scope on yet. Soon though.
How did you mount the scope? I have the same setup, but no screw holes in the gun..

No offense taken. This is what we do, we research and discuss.

The holster you have there, which is a great revolver holster, is not the correct model. The stitching that goes around the cylinder and comes down to a point isn't present on the screen used holster, and the strap that goes over the back of the trigger guard isn't present on the screen used holster either.

You can see the lack of that stitching on the holster when it's on the table. the strap you can see is not there on some of the behind the scenes photos.

View attachment 1564037

If you look at the holster in this shot you can see the back of the trigger guard has no strap going over it.

View attachment 1564039

I'll take a few photos of my holster with the pistol in it and post them up tomorrow.
I bought the Bianchi Judge holster and it’s spot on.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back