Snake's Escape From New York S&W revolver

Noeland

Master Member
This is something I'd been gathering pieces and parts of for years now. The scope mount, the scope itself, those are fairly rare items these days. Finding the revolver at a decent price was also a bit of a challenge. Turns out that the Smith & Wesson Model 67 "Combat Masterpiece" has aged well and is still in high demand. It fetches a good pile of cash.

IMG_5965.jpg

IMG_5966.jpg

IMG_5969.jpg

I haven't gotten to shoot it with the scope on yet. Soon though.

Last edited:
Makes me wish I still had my 66-2 Smiff. Been kicking my own arse every day since 1992 for selling it.
The 66 is a great revolver. That also fetches some serious money these days.

My brother Mike carried a snubby 66 as his under cover gun when he worked for the Macomb County Sheriff. Back when wheel guns were the standard. ;)

I'm doing the same build. Looking for a replica holster.
The holster is a Bianchi "judge" and they're all over ebay for $40 or $50. They are a breakfront, spring clasp holster used by the NYPD for many years. You'll see them with and without a basketweave pattern. They used one without the pattern for Snake. It's a really nice holster.

Post up pics of your build! I'd love to see more of these happen.

Attachments

• judge_holster.jpg
    judge_holster.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 166
The holster is a Bianchi "judge" and they're all over ebay for $40 or $50. They are a breakfront, spring clasp holster used by the NYPD for many years. You'll see them with and without a basketweave pattern. They used one without the pattern for Snake. It's a really nice holster.

Post up pics of your build! I'd love to see more of these happen.
Just bought one off Ebay. Thanks for your help.

Freshly tapped for the scope mount.
After looking a little closer at the movie stills, I can see I installed the wrong scope and mount. I did find the correct scope ( Bushnell Phantom Magnum 1.3 power) and the correct mount. My original mount is tapered in the front and back. The film version is squared off.

Awesome stills. Never seen the one with Kurt Russell. BTW, how did you attach the scope mount? I found the correct one; but it doesn't attach the same way as the one that's mounted.

Attachments

• 2875BCF0-D51C-4599-A7A6-4F31D37D8E6C.jpeg
    2875BCF0-D51C-4599-A7A6-4F31D37D8E6C.jpeg
    784.1 KB · Views: 90
Huh, Same scope as the UNCLE gun. I think I have a couple laying around here.

Attachments

• Display_scope_07.jpg
    Display_scope_07.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 100

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back