Snake Eyes: GI Joe 2 Retaliation suit ***NEW HELMET PICS ADDED***

BlackKaos

Sr Member
I have been vigorously working on the armor pieces for Snake Eyes from the new GI Joe 2 Retaliation movie. I know that there are a couple of people working on this suit and they are really good so far like Maulfett's chest and shoulder armor which is amazing. And I'm just waiting for more trailer or picture releases to help with the bicep, forearm and back piece. I have about a 70% idea of how those pieces are designed but don't want to do anything concrete until I can confirm.

Right know I have the helmet, chest and shoulder pieces I'm working on. The helmet I am completely done and anxiously waiting for the silicone mold to dry! I'm going to be sanding and sculpting the chest and back which is all being done from my pep files.

So here is my progress so far. Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Re: Snake Eyes: GI Joe 2 Retaliation suit

Amazing! Will follow with great interest. So cool to see the work in progress.

Update: Just finished 3rd coat of silicone which finishes that part. I will wait for it to dry overnight and make the hard shell tomorrow. Then attempt my first pull.

Unfortunately there is going to be some delay. I was going to do the hard shell in just fiberglass but I don't have any mold release or wax type spray so the fiberglass doesn't adhere to the silicone. There is no store around my area that sells it so I have to order it. I also ordered some plaster bandages which I will do first to make it easier to separate. Then I will coat the fiberglass the plaster for strength. I did that on my last mold and it worked really well.

this looks awesome really interested to see how this works out. good luck

fiberglass shouldnt stick to the silicone,,oh an this looks awesome

Last edited:

I know that it shouldn't but I would like to have some type of release agent just incase. And thanks for the comments!

Just got more plaster bandages yesterday. Finishing Mother mould today so pics of my first pull should be up by today or tomorrow.

Great so far, my armor still on hold until i get more references photos.

I just ordered better silicone from smooth on. I used other (cheaper) brushable silicone and it didn't turn out that great. The pulls turned out use-able which I might sell but not perfect like I want. There were some air bubbles and a dent in the top of the head. The new silicone mould will be much better. I should be receiving the silicone on Monday or Tuesday.

Mauflett- have you seen the new Snake Eyes toy pics. The one toy is pretty accurate and has decent pics. I have figure out how the forearm armor is now and will also be making that out of foam using my pepakura files. I figure that section will be easier done in foam due to the layers. I might mould them after I do them in foam so I can cast them in resin also.

Last edited:

I saw it, i still waiting for more photo. I don't want to make it twice any armor parts.

Looks great so far.

While growing up all my friends loved all the other major superhero's but not me. Snake Eyes was my man, i had all his toys. It was even my nick name in the military as I was a ninjitsu student.

I would love to have a movie replica costume so bad. Just don't have the skills or the time as I have a shiny new daughter. Maybe I will try the pep route again.

This makes me very jealous but I admire it 100% great job!!!!

Re: Snake Eyes: GI Joe 2 Retaliation suit...pics of helmet added

Here is a pic of the first raw cast pull. This is without the back piece which I ran out of urethane. I have more ordered. Let me know what you think. The helmet right now is a little tight because I made the urethane a little thick.... Lesson learned :facepalm

Now I've just been racking my brain on how to due the visor. I have thought about using clear resin but I would have to tint it and I'm not sure how to do that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Just use a seeing eye dog and call him...
Timber
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqjJrP77JopsS1RdOvH8CfjZNiCXjNPMT7wdncXTiXE5wYw_Pz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've thought about the motorcycle visor but I don't know how to glue the pieces of the helmet visor together without messing up seeing through it. I also really interested in vacuum forming but I don't have a vacuum former handy and they are expensive to buy.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back