SMT got a C&D from Lucasfilm!

Doesn't Finemolds have the license?

Though I guess they have the Japanese license... An American company could get the US license and release model kits as well, similar to how Marmit and Hasbro are, right?

Ethan

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
E Williams wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Doesn't Finemolds have the license?

Though I guess they have the Japanese license... An American company could get the US license and release model kits as well, similar to how Marmit and Hasbro are, right?

Ethan
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Yeah Japan is only licensed for the FM kits. So hopefully this means a good company comparable to FM get's the license here. If Lucasfilm keeps to their track record that might be why this happened.

This really blows. Finemolds make awesome stuff, and if and when they ever get around to a Falcon - I'm ordering a few. I don't think that a bootleg of any item I wanted being available has ever stopped me from purchasing a liscened version of the same topic. if for no other reason I like to set them up side by side and compare. In fact after getting a bootleg of model on a subject I wasn't too hot on (got it as a gift) I liked the subject so much I hunted down and bought various liscened versions (toys and models).

Code 3 collectibles is making a falcon supposedly accurate - We'll see. I've got one on order. but that didn't stop me from "attempting" to order a falcon from SMT when they announced it. the amount of money that a company like SMT makes doing these kind of projects is relatively insignificant compared to what a liscened replica brings in...so why bother. The only people who buy stuff from companies like SMT are "modelers" or "movie replica buffs" like us, who would snatch up all the liscened stuff anyway. I do not see how this adversly affects lucas's copyright - but at the same time I have to admit he has the right to enforce it no matter how "petty" it really is in the grand scheme. Hell I've got 5 ERTL Millenium falcons right now in various states of "accurization", who knows how many toy versions of the falcon, a Code 3 on order. If Lucas came out with a replica via MR or something else do you really think I wouldn't buy it because I had an SMT sitting in my Room??? I already have probably a dozen other versions...

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back