SMT Galactic Shuttle

Originally posted by star-art@Sep 14 2005, 02:17 AM
I'm still waiting. I e-mailed him last week and got a reply back that last weekend they were going to be figuring out exactly what they were going to do and how it was all going to work out.
[snapback]1076646[/snapback]​

All my email said was that they will have an update soon and at the moment have suspended shuttle kits as they tie up loose ends on all the other kits.

This email was sent on 9/11/2005

Just want my shuttle is all.

Sorry to say this but several of us tried to warn you guys. SMT has a real bad habbit of this kind of service. I hope you get your money back at the very least.
I have laid off saying anythign trying to give Colin the bennifit of the doubt but this is wide reaching and again this has happened more then once.

Mark

You may be right, Mark. Been emailing SMT for the past few weeks to find out if I am going to get a shuttle or a refund. No reply yet.

Troll 7

Originally posted by Mycroft Holmes@Sep 20 2005, 04:57 AM
I am truely sorry to here this. It bugs me to no end. I hope you guys get your money back at the very least.

Mark
[snapback]1080101[/snapback]​

It appears that is highly unlikely. My reaction won't be very pretty if I've been punked.

-Gordon

I have an email from colin from last week I think where he told me that he was finishing up the outstanding orders on just about everything else before he gets to the shuttles. But he is doing the shuttles. When I get to my other computer I'll try to dig it up and place teh exact quote here.

Jedi Dade

Originally posted by Jedi Dade@Sep 29 2005, 10:54 PM
I have an email from colin from last week I think where he told me that he was finishing up the outstanding orders on just about everything else before he gets to the shuttles.  But he is doing the shuttles.  When I get to my other computer I'll try to dig it up and place teh exact quote here.

Jedi Dade
[snapback]1086744[/snapback]​

Thank you, Jedi Dade. I'll be looking for that.

Sometimes it's really tough to maintain a positive attitude when you're assailed by nothing but bad news.

Thanks again.

-Gordon

I hate it when people take your money and then go dark like this.... 9 times out of 10 that is a really bad sign. I have paid as well and have nothing.

I got my 'Betty' last week and e-mailed a thanks to Colin and inquired about the shuttle I ordered.
Apparently he has many many other misc. kit orders that have to be rectified before focusing 100% on the shuttle.
A little more patience. I've also had to do the 'long wait' for kits just like everyone else and Colin does come thru.

Shuttle UPDATE. Probably everyone who ordered a shuttle got this e-mail so I'm going post it up here for those who might not have gotten the e-mail for one reason or another.

Originally posted by SMT
Hey folks. Sorry to have kept you waiting so long for more information.
Let me basically go over the game plan here as I get back to work from settling things with my dad's estate and recovering from just being overstressed this year.
First the good news. The shuttle(s) will be produced. Production will restart in early/mid Nov on these kits and orders will be processed as quickly as possible to correct the backlog so folks will have them before Xmas. In the meantime, since the monies have been allocated to our supplier (resin/rubber etc) and Alfred (pattern maker) there will be no more refunds on the shuttle. However if you cannot wait - please feel free to email us and ask about any of our previous kits as a substitute.
As many have noticed we have discontinued a great many kits recently. This was a three-fold reason. I need the time to catch up some items (ie Shuttles). As well I have a new line up of kits coming for 2006 and thought it was time jostle things around (change is good or so I've been told).
And finally we are producing more and more for outside companies (though I've been holding that back since earlier this year) and need the time to do work for them.
And really a fourth reason - I need some time off. In the day I watch my 2 yr old, and pour some resin at nites until about midnite, then up again at six am. Not the most pleasant schedule for two years to keep. I have help but that is limited by time and money as well (and trust in some cases).
But things are more in control now - we have dropships and these shuttles now to finish to be uptodate BEFORE the new kits come out (can anyone say AVP? :)

So once again sorry to all you folks, just the sheer stupidity of this is enough to make anyone angry. But that's the way it's worked out for now

If you have ANY question or concerns please email me. I will a NEW schedule for ship dates worked out by the end of Oct and will send another update with that then.

Sincerely, Colin Omilusik
Scale Model Technologies

Originally posted by Tony+Oct 12 2005, 02:00 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tony @ Oct 12 2005, 02:00 AM)</div>
Shuttle UPDATE.  Probably everyone who ordered a shuttle got this e-mail so I'm going post it up here for those who might not have gotten the e-mail for one reason or another.

<!--QuoteBegin-SMT
Hey folks. Sorry to have kept you waiting so long for more information.
Let me basically go over the game plan here as I get back to work from settling things with my dad's estate and recovering from just being overstressed this year.
First the good news. The shuttle(s) will be produced. Production will restart in early/mid Nov on these kits and orders will be processed as quickly as possible to correct the backlog so folks will have them before Xmas. In the meantime, since the monies have been allocated to our supplier (resin/rubber etc) and Alfred (pattern maker) there will be no more refunds on the shuttle. However if you cannot wait - please feel free to email us and ask about any of our previous kits as a substitute.
As many have noticed we have discontinued a great many kits recently. This was a three-fold reason. I need the time to catch up some items (ie Shuttles). As well I have a new line up of kits coming for 2006 and thought it was time jostle things around (change is good or so I've been told).
And finally we are producing more and more for outside companies (though I've been holding that back since earlier this year) and need the time to do work for them.
And really a fourth reason - I need some time off. In the day I watch my 2 yr old, and pour some resin at nites until about midnite, then up again at six am. Not the most pleasant schedule for two years to keep. I have help but that is limited by time and money as well (and trust in some cases).
But things are more in control now - we have dropships and these shuttles now to finish to be uptodate BEFORE the new kits come out (can anyone say AVP? :)

So once again sorry to all you folks, just the sheer stupidity of this is enough to make anyone angry. But that's the way it's worked out for now

If you have ANY question or concerns please email me. I will a NEW schedule for ship dates worked out by the end of Oct and will send another update with that then.

Sincerely, Colin Omilusik
Scale Model Technologies
[snapback]1094617[/snapback]​
[/b]

I never got that email.

If you ordered a shuttle - didn't get a refund or exchange and did not get the email I suggest you contact Colin immediately. He obviously mass mailked it to everyone he thought he owed a shuttle to so...

Jedi Dade

All I have heard is that nobody is getting replied back from thier emails. Even Alfred is getting nervous about the return of his masters.

Originally posted by cobywan@Nov 6 2005, 09:31 PM
All I have heard is that nobody is getting replied back from thier emails.  Even Alfred is getting nervous about the return of his masters.
[snapback]1111080[/snapback]​

I last received an email from Colin 2 days ago.

Originally posted by Tordoc+Nov 7 2005, 02:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tordoc @ Nov 7 2005, 02:53 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-cobywan
@Nov 6 2005, 09:31 PM
All I have heard is that nobody is getting replied back from thier emails.  Even Alfred is getting nervous about the return of his masters.

I last received an email from Colin 2 days ago.
[snapback]1111121[/snapback]​
[/b]

About the shuttle? What did it say?

I don't know about you guys but I would much prefer if Colin (SMT) was working on getting those Shuttles out than answering the hundreds of e-mails which I'm sure he must be getting everyday.
November isn't over yet folks.
When December comes around...THEN I'll panic.

Originally posted by cobywan@Nov 7 2005, 01:31 AM

I received an email from Colin last week on some missing parts for a kit he'd shipped last summer to me. No word on the shuttle as I didn't ask.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back