Smoothon Epsilon Dealers

B

BlueSteel

As the title suggests, I'm wondering if I, a US citizen in Minnesota, can get smoothon epsilon locally. There's no chance of finding it in a home depot/menards-type store is there?

Thanks a million. Does anyone know how far a trial case or full size would get you on an iron man suit?

Also, anyone got some pics of some epsiloned foam pieces/suits? Thanks in advance.

Hey BlueSteel
RPF Profile V001.jpg
I used Epsilon for my suit (Thread here) (The torso and shoulders are EVA Foam and Epsilon) There's some more finished images in the latest posts :)

I ended up using 2 trial kits as i used alot of the first kit for test pieces, and used 6 coats for about 1/2 my suit (Which is complete overkill and ended up sanding alot of it down anyway)

I ended up using about 4-5 mixes of the new kit, so it only just went over the one kit, i'm sure if you don't do alot of tests you should be fine with one:)

Hey BlueSteel
View attachment 487142
I used Epsilon for my suit (Thread here) (The torso and shoulders are EVA Foam and Epsilon) There's some more finished images in the latest posts :)

I ended up using 2 trial kits as i used alot of the first kit for test pieces, and used 6 coats for about 1/2 my suit (Which is complete overkill and ended up sanding alot of it down anyway)

I ended up using about 4-5 mixes of the new kit, so it only just went over the one kit, i'm sure if you don't do alot of tests you should be fine with one:)
Dude, thanks bro. That's exactly what I wanted to hear! You're work looks experienced, how many builds have you done?

Dude, thanks bro. That's exactly what I wanted to hear! You're work looks experienced, how many builds have you done?

No problem, feel free to ask away :)

And Thanks! It's actually my first ever craft project :D
And it had to be rushed to get it done for a Con, so if i had more time it'd be better; sanding and filling takes its time!

I spent most of my time researching and learning tips and techniques, patience, practice and persistance is key ;)

Last edited:
Definitely bro. And wow I would've guessed like your second suit or something! I'm finishing up my Mk 3 as we speak, but I don't think I could've handled something as detailed as 42/43. If you want to check out my build thread and tell me what Ya think I welcome any feedback at all :)

2 trial kits did a whole suit? I would have expected a couple of gallons.

I use Epsilon for sealing foam to vac form over... I generally use around 6 coats per piece. I wen through a gallon making the arms for Doctor Doom alone :)

Maybe I should start going thinner.

2 trial kits did a whole suit? I would have expected a couple of gallons.

I use Epsilon for sealing foam to vac form over... I generally use around 6 coats per piece. I wen through a gallon making the arms for Doctor Doom alone :)

Maybe I should start going thinner.

Well one trial kit would have done the suit if i hadn't have done loads of test pieces, i only just went over to using the second for a couple of mixes.

Yeh i use lots of thin coats, depends how strong you want it :)

Obviously you want it as rigid as possible for vac forming, but you could probably still get a good result with using less , although i've never tried :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back