Smallville Season 5 Finale prop

Smallvillekalel

Spolier pics below:
Hi I was wondering if anyone was interested in making the Kryptonian knife from the season Finale of Smallville.

The handle looks like it has 6 sides to it. Here are a few screen caps hopefully someone can post some caps in HD, anyway here is what I got.

That was a pretty damn cool knife (not to mention a great episode) and I'd like to see one made.

Might be my first Smallville prop...if it ever happens

-Fred

I might Try making this knife. There probably be a rush to make by many. Thanks for posting pics. Would anyone expect it light up or just be pretty?
I wait to see what everyone says.
FXHound

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gigatron @ May 12 2006, 12:25 PM) [snapback]1243053[/snapback]</div>
That was a pretty damn cool knife (not to mention a great episode) and I'd like to see one made.

Might be my first Smallville prop...if it ever happens

-Fred
[/b]

One of the most beautifull Superman props of resent times. I'd be very interested. This replica should be placed in a light-up base, instead of adding bulbs to the handle.

(awake finally)

the bracelet looked to be the same shape/size as the one in the season opener, similiar glyphs as well.

the knife... im half impressed by it, and half wincing at it. it looks interesting, but i wish they would have went with a more "crystal" blade look to it, rather than the metal. in the show it looked almost plastic (dull grey, similiar to when clarks crazy ex gf tried to knife lana).

the blade is wide enough to support an LED in the base of it though. where the blade meets the handle. that area is big enough for an LED and a cell battery easily.

ill snag some high def screen caps later today and see what i can add to the thread. ill see if i can dig up my hd dvd of the season opener, and get some of that bracelet as well.

chris

ask and yee shall receive.

bscap029.jpg

bscap030.jpg

bscap031.jpg

bscap032.jpg

bscap033.jpg

bscap057.jpg

bscap058.jpg

bscap059.jpg

bscap060.jpg

bscap061.jpg

bscap062.jpg

bscap063.jpg

bscap064.jpg

bscap065.jpg

bscap066.jpg

bscap067.jpg

bscap068.jpg

bscap069.jpg

bscap070.jpg

bscap071.jpg

bscap072.jpg

bscap073.jpg

bscap074.jpg

bscap075.jpg

bscap076.jpg

bscap080.jpg

bscap081.jpg

bscap084.jpg

seems to grow new glyphs here
bscap086.jpg

bscap087.jpg

bscap088.jpg

bscap089.jpg

bscap092.jpg

bscap093.jpg

and more of the bracelet from the last show.
bscap095.jpg

bscap096.jpg

bscap097.jpg

bscap098.jpg

bscap099.jpg

bscap102.jpg

bscap103.jpg

bscap104.jpg

bscap105.jpg

damn, thats a lotta caps ;)

hope these help someone out when they plan to make this stuff. hope i get a discount for the caps as well :lol

enjoy.
chris

Great screen caps you guys. Every since the premiere I think the braclet should be made but the dagger will be another story if anyone wants to attemp it. Just so you know I'd be interested in both

anyone wonder why it says RTDMSE? thats what the kryptonian font translates to. (at best guess)

i agree the bracelet could be machined. id imagine the guy who did the constantine knucks could made a pretty nifty one. machina artium? or something to that effect. never was good with names :$

im kinda equal on wanting the bracelet or the knife. the knife has cool light up crystal action, and the bracelet has... neat graphics on it. they both are horribly tacky, but only one looks like a lethal ring pop :lol

if these do get made, id probably be in for one.

chris

Great caps hydin, thank you. I would probably go for the bracelet first, and then the knife. I will have to keep a close eye on the forum now and see if anyone comes up with anything. I think the knife would have looked better with a crystal blade and a metal hilt, it seemed a bit off to me.

<div class='quotetop'>(hydin @ May 13 2006, 01:23 AM) [snapback]1243535[/snapback]</div>
anyone wonder why it says RTDMSE? thats what the kryptonian font translates to. (at best guess)

chris
[/b]

Its the Smallville prop developers. They put whatever looks appealing. Remember barcode on the key or made in Thaiwan in clarks ship?

i always looked at it as easter eggs for the show, kinda.

i just cant figure out what those letters could mean. i thought it might have been something like "Ne-Man" or whatever that guys name was, or even something knife related, not just a bunch of random letters.

ah well :)

chris

maybe in this case they aren't letters, I mean is it a letter for letter alphabet?

The Jor-El symbol is in the center so it might not be S or whatever...

<div class='quotetop'>(Primrodo @ May 13 2006, 06:53 PM) [snapback]1243871[/snapback]</div>
maybe in this case they aren't letters, I mean is it a letter for letter alphabet?

The Jor-El symbol is in the center so it might not be S or whatever...
[/b]

It's a letter for letter alphabet. The \8/ symbol (which looks suspiciously like the S-Shield) is the Kryptonian S.

Some symbols are probably both, words and letters. The reason I think this is that quite a few times there have been messages that have been too long and complex for the few symbols used to be letters alone. Also look at the episode where Clark burned the "Hope" symbol on the side of the barn.

But, it's probably unlikely that there's any "continuity" within the show. As was said before, they probably just use whatever looks good to them. Just my 2 cents worth. :)

My understanding is that they were just goofing around a bit at the beginning with the key not thinking it would become as integral of a prop as used. On later props there were/are space issues so they tried to integrate several letters into one to make words and hold some (cough) continuity to the Kyrptonian alphabet. That letters can be combined to make kryptonian spelled words. There are also some changes to the scripts that quickly affect what a planned prop that was going to be used changed to what was quickly made up to use on screen. Thats the story as I have heard it.

hi, great screen caps hydin. I will probably go ahead and make it , if no one is interested,
at least for myself. those pics are great though and much appreciated.
fxhound

<div class='quotetop'>(Kal-ElofKrypton @ May 13 2006, 04:52 AM) [snapback]1243508[/snapback]</div>
Great screen caps you guys. Every since the premiere I think the braclet should be made but the dagger will be another story if anyone wants to attemp it. Just so you know I'd be interested in both
[/b]

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back