Smallville Season 5 Finale prop

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by Smallvillekalel, May 11, 2006.

1. Smallvillekalel

Smallvillekalel Active Member

Spolier pics below:
    Hi I was wondering if anyone was interested in making the Kryptonian knife from the season Finale of Smallville.

The handle looks like it has 6 sides to it. Here are a few screen caps hopefully someone can post some caps in HD, anyway here is what I got.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

That was a pretty * cool knife (not to mention a great episode) and I'd like to see one made.

Might be my first Smallville prop...if it ever happens

-Fred

3. FXhound

FXhound New Member

I might Try making this knife. There probably be a rush to make by many. Thanks for posting pics. Would anyone expect it light up or just be pretty?
    I wait to see what everyone says.
    FXHound

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gigatron @ May 12 2006, 12:25 PM) [snapback]1243053[/snapback]</div>

4. GuntahKela

GuntahKela Sr Member

One of the most beautifull Superman props of resent times. I'd be very interested. This replica should be placed in a light-up base, instead of adding bulbs to the handle.

5. Annie

Annie New Member

I would actually be a lot more interested in the bracelet thingy Lex used to suck Clark into the PZ.

6. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

7. hydin

8. Kal-ElofKrypton

Kal-ElofKrypton Well-Known Member

Great screen caps you guys. Every since the premiere I think the braclet should be made but the dagger will be another story if anyone wants to attemp it. Just so you know I'd be interested in both

9. Smallvillekalel

Smallvillekalel Active Member

Couldn't the Bracelet be machined?

10. Kal-ElofKrypton

Maybe, Its a though. Im not an expert but it sounds like a good idea

11. hydin

12. Annie

Annie New Member

Great caps hydin, thank you. I would probably go for the bracelet first, and then the knife. I will have to keep a close eye on the forum now and see if anyone comes up with anything. I think the knife would have looked better with a crystal blade and a metal hilt, it seemed a bit off to me.

13. Kal-ElofKrypton

<div class='quotetop'>(hydin @ May 13 2006, 01:23 AM) [snapback]1243535[/snapback]</div>
    Its the Smallville prop developers. They put whatever looks appealing. Remember barcode on the key or made in Thaiwan in clarks ship?

14. hydin

15. Kal-ElofKrypton

Never thought of the easter eggs idea. If only they would do that.

16. Primrodo

Primrodo Sr Member

maybe in this case they aren't letters, I mean is it a letter for letter alphabet?

The Jor-El symbol is in the center so it might not be S or whatever...

17. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Primrodo @ May 13 2006, 06:53 PM) [snapback]1243871[/snapback]</div>
    It's a letter for letter alphabet. The \8/ symbol (which looks suspiciously like the S-Shield) is the Kryptonian S.

18. Darth Cross

Darth Cross Well-Known Member

Some symbols are probably both, words and letters. The reason I think this is that quite a few times there have been messages that have been too long and complex for the few symbols used to be letters alone. Also look at the episode where Clark burned the "Hope" symbol on the side of the barn.

But, it's probably unlikely that there's any "continuity" within the show. As was said before, they probably just use whatever looks good to them. Just my 2 cents worth. :)

19. tripoli

tripoli Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

20. FXhound

FXhound New Member

hi, great screen caps hydin. I will probably go ahead and make it , if no one is interested,
    at least for myself. those pics are great though and much appreciated.
    fxhound

<div class='quotetop'>(Kal-ElofKrypton @ May 13 2006, 04:52 AM) [snapback]1243508[/snapback]</div>