Small Ark of the Covenant Kit

ScottageCheese

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
"Good evening Furline"

A few years back, I found and bought a small resin Ark kit off a guy on ebay *wish I had his name*. I bought 2 actually... The kit is about 8-10 inches wide... maybe a full foot with the wood carrying beams on it.I made one for my brother as a gift, and gold leafed it. Came out pretty nice.

I started on the second one for myself... did some gold leafing, then realized "I would MUCH rather spend some cash and get this thing gold plated"

With that said... How does one remove gold leafing from a resin model? I'm not too familar with chemicals for stripping, but I dont want to do any surface damage. Since the Ark is a bit small... I dont want to rub out the detail.

Sorry, I'm currently at work and do not have pictures to post. I just wanted to start the conversation about removing gold leaf. And then if there is interest, we can talk about making copies of this thing.

Thanks guys and gals.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, guess I better go back and re read those rules. Sorry. Newb mistake.

How about we focus on the gold leaf removal.

I'll ask the other question... in the Junkyard?

Well, I don't want that. Do i edit my post? Or have an admin remove this thread?
Trust me, I JUST fell in love with this site... The last thing I want to do is upset the Gods.

You should see an edit button at the bottom of any of your own posts. Just click and edit.

Oh.... and post some pics of the kit!

It's probably already a recast off the sideshow mail out ark!
Those measurements are very close to mine.
You are new here , so you didn't know,

Thank you Gordon, Contec, and Andy for calling out my erroneous words. Last time that will happen.

So... gold leaf removal.... anyone given it a shot on a resin kit?

Mars, I don't know.... something about this thing screams home made. Just from the subtle wobble on the "leaf" like objects, that surround the lid edges. But you may be right. Now i really need to post pics.

No mate my bad!
I read 8 inches thinking the ark measurements only, you said it included the sticks, so you are right , home made.
Maybe someone can tell you now how to remove the goldleaf !! Lol

Jock mine is the sideshow mail send in.
The one you had tO buy a couple of dolls and redeem the token for the played ark, it's 1/6 I think .
I can post pics here if he doesn't mind
Mars

Jock mine is the sideshow mail send in.
The one you had tO buy a couple of dolls and redeem the token for the played ark, it's 1/6 I think .
I can post pics here if he doesn't mind
Mars

I think thats the Hasbro.. the sideshow one was an exclusive that came with (I think) Toht.
The hasbro one was gold plated (looked metal anyway) and the sideshow piece is all gold paint and polystone.
They're both 1:6th

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back