1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Limited Run *SLOTS OPEN* Star Trek VI TUC: Operation Retrieve Flip Chart Briefing

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by bobatrek, Sep 5, 2015.

1. bobatrek

bobatrek Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

With my completion of the graphics of the Operation Retrieve briefing flip chart as seen in the cut scene from Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country, I am now ready for the next phase of making this half size, to include the plexiglass backing and metal bar/holder.

And when all is said and done, I think these will turn out wonderfully.

Currently, these are looking to be right at the $200 range, before shipping, and will probably be a run of only 10.

If you are interested , please post below. Interest will *not* oblige you to buy, but rather just give me an idea as to the quantity I will be looking at.

BUT if you do want to pay now, I won't stop you: https://www.paypal.me/SeanPStephenson

Thanks,
    Sean

-= INTERESTED =-

Trekcollector
    SenseiFetter
    Rajman1138

-= CONFIRMED =-

1 - Myself / PAID
    2 -
    3 - kertratz / PAID

"We've prepared Operation retrieve based on the rising danger of terrorism between the Klingon Empire and the Federation.

"Sir, we can go in, rescue the hostages, and get out in 24 hours with an acceptable rate of loss in manpower, and equipment.

"We have the technology to..."

"Yes, yes, but suppose you precipitate a full-scale war?"

"Then quite frankly Mr. President, we can clean their Kronometers."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  2. Trekcollector

Trekcollector Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Re: Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country: Operation Retrieve Flip Chart Briefing

I would be interested

3. bobatrek

Re: Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country: Operation Retrieve Flip Chart Briefing

Forgot to mention the original sheets are Tyvek. What is Tyvek, you ask?

Tyvek /taɪˈvɛk/ is a brand of flashspun high-density polyethylene fibers, a synthetic material; the name is a registered trademark of DuPont. It is often seen used as housewrap, a synthetic material used to protect buildings during construction. The material is very strong; it is difficult to tear but can easily be cut with scissors or a knife. Water vapor can pass through Tyvek, but liquid water cannot. All of these properties make Tyvek useful in a variety of applications.

4. bobatrek

Pages one and two are done. I told you this would take a while...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And yes, these are vectored for full size printing. :)

5. kertratz

kertratz Well-Known Member

What size did you end up formatting these to? 11x17?

6. bobatrek

What's pictured is 7.75" by 11" but since it is vectored, I can take it up to any size. I am about 80% complete with page four of five, and it's the hardest one - a real pain in the ***, but I am hoping to be done with that page tomorrow. Page 5 is just text so that should be fairly easy to align and complete.

I'mm looking forward to getting the print process going.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  7. RobI

RobI Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Somehow I completely missed this. I'd be interested.

8. bobatrek

When I get closer to knowing exactly how I'm doing the "hardware" portion of this, I'll post the list.

9. Picard1138

Picard1138 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I may be interested as well. Great that you found the original, too.

-Max

10. SenseiFetter

SenseiFetter Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Interested!

11. bobatrek

The two of you have been added.

12. Rajman1138

Rajman1138 Member

I'd be intreseted

13. TheMadGasser

TheMadGasser Member

I would like to see this project take off. But, I'm more interested in creating the Klingon war map from ST6. I have been working on building one of my own, and have a few images and theories to go off of. I really wish there was a perfect shot of the whole thing.

14. bobatrek

I know it's been a while, but four pages out of the five are complete, with the fifth about 85% done.

[​IMG]

positronic likes this.
  15. renaissance_man

renaissance_man Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looking great there Sean.
    Free bump!

16. bobatrek

And the final page, just not in order...

[​IMG]

kalarcana likes this.
  17. kalarcana

kalarcana Well-Known Member

What are the chances of these being offered full size?

Rick

18. bobatrek

I'll send you a PM.

First post updated to "Limited Run" status.

19. bobatrek

An update - I am currently pricing the acrylic and metal bar that keep the charts in place. I am also looking for the correct paper, or as close to it as I can get.

Plus by the weekend I should have the 1/3" scale version done and ready for orders (which will be in a different thread, so keep watch).

20. Lt Washburn

Lt Washburn Active Member

These are great. Will you create extra custom pages to fill it out, or are there only 5 sheets total?

21. kertratz

A little bump for this really neat project!

22. bobatrek

A bump for further interest. Plus replies:

I might be able to do one off at full size, but I won't know the cost until I have completed this 1/3 scale run.

There are only the five pages.

23. Lt Washburn

Lt Washburn Active Member

If you wanted to use your experience for additional props. There's that damage assessment of the Enterprise Scotty is looking at when he discovers the assassin's space suit in the vent.

24. bobatrek

I might could do that...

25. kertratz

Such a fun prop!!!