Slime Blower

YepLeBloop

Early this year I've started to build a Slime Blower, it's a personnal challenge because references are small and there is only one thread on GBfans with detailled pictures of building.
Also there is a Facebook group called "Slime Blower Builders", wich is very helpful too for specific questions or tips.

And to add a little bit of pressure on my shoulders, this blower will be the first in France!
For this build I have try to find accurate parts as it was possible, and if not the closest one.

My build start with accurate spot lights, found on a bicycle used parts website, for a ridiculous price.
2uykcwg.jpg

I have bought the real pneumatic 3/4" Parker fitting, but I wasn't able to have the male parts in the accurate steel.
25uikc4.jpg

I have made my aluminium brackets and plates from an obsolete proton pack motherboard, and mounted to my Alice frame.
e9b6o8.jpg

2r239ya.jpg

I've bought some 3D print parts from a talented guy named Adam Gamler.
2ps4xg5.jpg

An other nice purchase was some gorgeous accurates labels from a ghosthead named Dave Mc Adams.
The 3" caution tape was bought separately.
nziyya.jpg

I made the pumpboxes myself with 0,8mm brass sheet. Here are my third and final attempt, first was in aluminium, second in brass but was not very square.
2vljhtv.jpg

For the tanks and the ball, I've choosed to use acrylic. It's lightweight and strong, I'm not very carefull when I wear my props^^
So I've found pipes and domes, and glued it with a special glue for acrylic (Acrifix), and to reinforce the assembly and the areas where there are screws or pop rivets, I've used polyurethane resin (G26).
29274f4.jpg
i4oay1.jpg
n642lk.jpg
sqqwq8.jpg

It's strong but not enough to resist to a 1m60 (63") fall... :cry
azbh3q.jpg

At this moment I wanted to burned everything around me :lol
So it was time to do a puzzle and filling, sanding, filling, sanding etc... and cast again some resin.
6i649c.jpg
2ry2655.jpg
noft5w.jpg
5nsoxf.jpg

Beside this, I have bought the accurate project boxes in the GBfans shop and the griblies casts from Nickatron.
iz58ug.jpg

And there is the result for the pack.
2czu14l.jpg

Ok I think this first post on this thread is long enough, let's talk about the gun later ;)

Last edited:
The worst is to fit everything together when you have not yet some parts^^

I've forgot to mention that my fitting on the ball is not correct, it's hard to find the right one when you are in the U.S, so for me in France, you can imagine the challenge! But like all my built everything upgradable, so maybe one day... :lol

I wasn't happy with the finition of my main tank, so I've repainted it and there is the final result:
20fsr9d.jpg

I go with an darker shade of grey and now the shine matched with the side tanks.

Let's talk about the gun now.

Based on the Throwingchicken's blueprint and highly inspired by KoCo's built on GBfans forum.
A lot of stuffs are not accurate, but closed enough to get the "Ok" mention^^
So:
-The body is a 4,5" aluminum pipe.
-The boxes are from Nickatron.
-The nose and the end cap are the 3D printed parts from Adam Gamler as I mentionned it in the first post.
-The pneumatic fittings aren't accurate, if I find the correct ones for a "good" price, I will change this.
-The hose isn't milky and painted as the screen used props, it's red and I prefer that way.
-The "U" handle is all made in aluminum, just because I have some at home and you know what? I like it like this! :lol:
-My biggest issue was to find the hinge. The one I found is a bit big, but looks ok for me.
-My ball valve handle is just inspired from the last KoCo's accurate update, why? I did not want to bore my friend who did the work on it. But have the correct AME mountain bike handle.
-The red and orange panel mount lamps are a bit smaller than the orignals but I think looks good too.
-The green one isn't the correct one but was very cheap and visually correct.
-The nozzels is handmade in aluminum, and I'm very happy of it, happy too to have found a flanged castle nut.
-The strap is simply closed to the originals, but assembled like it.

I think I reviewed everything, let's go for the pics!

k0g47n.jpg
2v0ian7.jpg
5y7oxv.jpg

And a shot of the ugly inside^^

afaskj.jpg

It's been a long time since my last post...

First I have updated the stamps on the pump boxes, for a more accurate version. A member of Slime blower builders communnity had the opportunity to print them as dry rub transfert. The result is gorgeous!
25f3ckl.jpg
sm4qqh.jpg

I've started to make the padded vest to be closest as possible to the original.
It will be ready soon for sewing. (I commissionned this part- not in my skills panel).
2b5g82.jpg

The chest plates are done, made from PVC sheet with a template I made from the screen-used props pics.
inwoch.jpg

I've started to make the back plates too.
33bpmjb.jpg

Soon I will start the custom waist belt.

Love it... Always wanted to have a blower... Started a project years ago; it was fun but I never finished it, because to get all the parts together are a pain in the a**. There were times, where you could buy all the stuff from the US, the tanks, the boxes, nearly everything, but it looks a lot of Slime blower parts-guys are out of business...

Great job... (y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back