Sliders Original Timer Replica!

That's pretty slick. :) I watched a few episodes of the show back in the day, but never did get hooked. I was in the Navy for most of the time it was on so definitely not something I could watch regularly...

...now I might have to go watch em' on Netflix. :D

Hi everyone, here are a few pictures of my Egyptian Timer replica. I am also in the process of building another Original Timer. Please let me know what you think, cheers

a110.jpg

a210.jpg

a310.jpg

a410.jpg

a510.jpg

a610.jpg

a710.jpg

a811.jpg

a910.jpg

Sliders Egyptian Timer 1:1 exact Replica - Fully Functional - YouTube

Wow, that looks very accurate to the real deal! I just rewatched the entire show only a few weeks ago, so it's nice to see this thread pop back up.

Are you gonna take a crack at the Sega Genesis timer? :D

I bought a static Jenson/Exodus timer off ebay that looks very similar, might be your work. It sits proudly on the shelf next to my static Egyptian timer. One day I'll have them countdown... sigh.

All the work I've seen here is great though, if I got the bases for them now, since they're becoming so rare, I'd be afraid I'd massacre them. Although there are a few people around who have suggested 3D printers are a possibility.

Welcome,

The boards, and abroad have went pretty quiet on "Sliders" over the past couple years. You can try tracking down "Thermalized Plastics" he used to frequent around these parts. He had a resin timer kit, that was accurate-enough years back for those who didn't want to try to make the phone shell. There was never a circuit however, for that you should try emailing www.Lightbenders.info and demand one. Unfortunately, the best bet is trying to do the shell yourself out of random component pieces/creativity to make what you can out of an original Motorola. And hope someone can make a circuit worth all the hard work people have to put into the cosmetics of the shell and thus, matches the amazing-ness.

I wish there was better news. The original timer is definitely awesome.

Despite how tedious the task may-be, if you at least have one of the phones - you're in the club. Lol. I hope with these new posts, interest will build in regard to Sliders. Timers have been on my personal to-do for awhile, but I'm incredibly lazy, and shy, and busy, and self-conscious.

Sometimes I like to jam '90s tunes and remember the magic of sssliding.

Cheers,
-R

Is there any trick to getting the bottom half of the Ultra lite phone apart? Ive gotten mine mostly open, but something is keeping it form separating near the flip out panel at the bottom, and I dont see any more clips to pry open.

This is the Thermalized Plastics shell kit (doesn't include the charger base which is mine from a MicroTAC phone)
20130102_032025_zpsec2f240c.jpg

20130102_043458_zps910e7f8a.jpg

This is my Egyptian timer board that I bought from Lightbenders a couple of years ago
egyptian2r_zps47e539ef.jpg

This is is the correct keypad for it from Digi-key
20120516_032255a.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome,

The boards, and abroad have went pretty quiet on "Sliders" over the past couple years. You can try tracking down "Thermalized Plastics" he used to frequent around these parts. He had a resin timer kit, that was accurate-enough years back for those who didn't want to try to make the phone shell. There was never a circuit however, for that you should try emailing www.Lightbenders.info and demand one.

seriously? Demand one? Maybe asking Dan if he has any for sale might be a better option than demanding. As for the shell, the TP shell kit is actually pretty good.

Wow, that looks very accurate to the real deal! I just rewatched the entire show only a few weeks ago, so it's nice to see this thread pop back up.

Are you gonna take a crack at the Sega Genesis timer? :D

its actually the Mad Katz sega controller that was used. Looks a little different.

Lol, thank you for the 6 month + reply Peter. I think you should of known what I meant.

At any rate, I feel Sliders stuff has suffered since the early days as far as timers, or merchandise period.

Emphasis on "supply and demand" I suppose.

Lol, thank you for the 6 month + reply Peter. I think you should of known what I meant.

At any rate, I feel Sliders stuff has suffered since the early days as far as timers, or merchandise period.

Emphasis on "supply and demand" I suppose.

i think Sliders has pretty much passed its time except for the die-hard fans of the show and for replica prop makers. Not as much general interest so as you say "supply and demand".

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back