SLIDERS ORIGINAL TIMER (New 2020)

sparticus86

Hey,

Hope everyone is well and still enjoying making the impossible possible. Just thought I'd share some photos of my latest Sliders Original Timer.
Big thanks to seenev for his electronics help!

If there are any questions please feel free to ask, I'll try my best to answer them.

Mark.

IMG_20200306_144748.jpgIMG_20200306_145352.jpgIMG_20200306_150910.jpgIMG_20200306_152816.jpgIMG_20200306_153102.jpgIMG_20200306_153629.jpg

top work :D
Ive always loved this prop, i think i just have a really good love for handheld scifi stuff :D

I am currently in the process of getting mine built. Will be receiving my boards tomorrow. Best way to pass the time during this quarantine that is going on right now.

Amazing, I bought the same board and have the phone, and it's preps. Where did you get your box, crystal, and other parts for you build out? What battery did you go with? Did you happen to document that process.

I am still in the early stages of it. I will post some videos on here later on. I got lucky and found a motorola micro-tac lite on ebay, as for the box and crystal, I bought them on shapeways. Downfall is that they do not fit the boards properly.

Hey,

Sorry for not getting back to anybody - this Covid has been a real nightmare. Hopefully everyone here as well as their families are well. Just thought I'd share a youtube link to some of the timers functions.

Keep safe folks!

To all those above asking about parts I made a thread with hopefully will be a successful build. sparticus86 you got back to me on your youtube vid. Wanted you to see this link of everything. If I could get the MCU Source code from you I'd appreciate it. Also if your interested in me sending the supplies and paying for the labor that would be amazing as well.

That looks fantastic! :) I have the electronics and base phone to start my own build, had a question about the top box assembly.

How is it layered? Did you reverse-print the text onto the back of a piece of clear acrylic, with black acrylic underneath?

Or did you overlay clear acrylic over a printed graphic? Or perhaps applied dry-transfer decals on the front?

I want to have the same look to mine but am not sure how to do it, so any advice you could offer would be very much appreciated!

Bun informazione su dove acquistare il timer e vorrei sapere se mibpotete mandare le spiegazioni passo dopo passo su cone costruire il timer grazie e buon proseguimento di giornata

Bun informazione su dove acquistare il timer e vorrei sapere se mibpotete mandare le spiegazioni passo dopo passo su cone costruire il timer grazie e buon proseguimento di giornata
All of the information people have gathered is in various threads on this site. You'll just have to go through them to find what you want.

Hey,

Hope everyone is well and still enjoying making the impossible possible. Just thought I'd share some photos of my latest Sliders Original Timer.

If there are any questions please feel free to ask, I'll try my best to answer them.

Mark.

View attachment 1273207View attachment 1273208View attachment 1273209View attachment 1273210View attachment 1273211View attachment 1273212
Hey man, great job! One question I’ve never been able to figure out, what is the black piece in between the battery and phone case made from? Some kind of battery spacer? I have never been able to find an answer for this! Lol. Top notch job man, and I LOVE the inside!!

Hey,

Mark.

View attachment 1273207View attachment 1273208View attachment 1273209View attachment 1273210View attachment 1273211View attachment 1273212
Great work! I've always wondered about the black spacer people put on their timers between the battery and the main body, what's the made from is it another micro-tac shell?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back