Sleepy Hollow Replica Props and Costumes by Museum Replicas

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by benhs1898, Feb 9, 2012.

1. benhs1898

benhs1898 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Licensed Clothing & Weapons from Sleepy Hollow

A friend and I have been waiting for this line for a while and I thought some of you would like to know that Museum Replicas is doing costumes and props from the Tim Burton movie.

Right now they have some costumes (sub par, as usual) and two awesome replicas. The Headless Horseman's sword and axe.

Both items appear to be HUGE improvements on the Factory X replicas. in terms of accuracy and quality.

2. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

I am almost afraid to get my hopes up.

The Factory X sword was a major disappointment for me. This one does look better, but I'm still hesitant. Would like to see images that are "real" and not marketing images.

3. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I don't think anybody is going to be excited especially sine museum replicas is doing these.

As Usual time will tell

4. vaderdarth

vaderdarth Master Member

well if they could do anything in less than 5 years, that would help. This Star Wars line has been so drawn out that all the interest has waned.

5. Apollo

:eek You mean they have STILL NOT got that stuff out? :eek

6. PHArchivist

And along those lines...

A bit odd to hawk a product from a 13-year-old film that was barely above luke-warm... I like the film, but a perennial classic? Not sure...

7. howlingwind13

howlingwind13 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Always good to see Hollow stuff...hopefully it's worth it. Would have loved the horseman's costume over the others, but the weapons look alright so far.

mike

8. benhs1898

Well, the cutlery is not really Museum Replicas. It's done by Master Cutlery so they might be pretty nice. I don't really know anything about Master Cutlery.

9. Onkelpsycho

Onkelpsycho Sr Member

Hm... After all there are not much replicas out, so it's cool to have the axe and sword, even the gloves are nice...

Im not sure if the Crane Costume is a good idea, but after the whole Johnny Depp hype and all the "we wear every johnny Depp character costume" guys with their Jack Sparrow, Sweeny Todd, Mad Hatter, Edward, etc. costumes maybe MR thought it is a good idea...?!? Who knows...

10. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

ooohhh, I'll be waiting on these

11. Rylo

Rylo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Must have been a super cheap property to lock up.

blah'...I don't get it. :rolleyes

-Rylo

12. darthgordon

darthgordon Sr Member

Hmmmm... I actually love this movie. It's on my October veiwing list right next to Trick-r-Treat and Halloween. However, I've never really considered getting any props from it.

13. benhs1898

You know, I've seen a few Master Cutlery replicas in person, they're generally pretty nice.

Does anyone else know about their quality?

Like these two pieces, many of Museum Replicas items are not actually made by them.

14. ichabods

ichabods Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

How can I not comment here? Look at my user name. :)
    I'm a huge fan. It was this movie that inspired me to open
    Ichabod's Haunted Attraction (on Maui).
    I have seen a life sized accurate statue of the Headless Horseman from
    this movie. I believe it was being sold by Grandinroad an affiliate of
    Martha Stewart (who does Halloween very well). That was the best prop from
    Sleepy Hallow I've ever seen.
    Excellent film from my point of view.

15. PHArchivist

I didn't look to closely - is this currently available? Or still pending...?

16. bogeyphobia99

bogeyphobia99 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The weapons are available for pre-order; shipping this summer. The costumes look like they're available now, for anybody who wants 'em...

I'd love to see some actual photos as well. It seems there are a few minor inaccuracies with the sword, but none that would keep a big fan of the film, such as myself from buying it. Plus, they do have a 30-day return policy...

17. Apollo

Thats why they picked it up, it was probably given to them for cheap and as onkelpyscho posted they are banking on Depp fans to flock to it.

I just don't see that happening :unsure

18. benhs1898

The photos don't appear to be too idealized. I wouldn't be surprised if they are pretty much what you get.

19. filfoster

filfoster New Member

OK, I sprung for the Ichabod Crane ensemble because even at these prices, it's half what commission costumers have quoted. For what it's worth, here are my comments:
    It's not bad. As usual, you have to allow for their stingy sizing. A taller, long armed guy on the thin side would still need to get the L/XL coat and shirt but only the M vest and trousers. The resulting fit is not bad and is pretty close to what you see on screen. The button count is accurate and the sheen of the vest and trousers is, like the screen costume, different. The coat is 'dead' or dull and the cotton used for the vest and trousers has a low sheen.
    I suppose to make this look more desirable, they used silver metal buttons on the vest, like he wears on his Constable uniform, not what he's wearing on his visit to Sleepy Hollow. It's not a deal killer for me and does look OK, if not screen accurate.
    The shirt could certainly be better for the money. the pattern is OK but it's very thin, just barely opaque. I will probably send it to a reenactment shirt maker and have it done in a sturdier cotton.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  20. filfoster

filfoster New Member

Not just to pad my posting tally but I think these characters and costumes have a lasting appeal, despite the vintage of the film. Many of us enjoy seeing this movie a time or two every year and that is one of the criteria I use for investing the time and treasure to get up a replica of a costume.

21. irishamericanlad

irishamericanlad Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

i tell you what guys i have a production mold sword and its not very sexy lol its big and beefy... and im a big guy...
    i have been working on making one more realistic and idealized by molding this one and cleaning it up, however i hope that this new one is better than the rest, and since i missed the albion one its all i can do to hope for it...

22. outlander

outlander Sr Member

Do they have Ichabob's telescoping glasses contraption? I always liked that.

23. Davard74

Davard74 Member

I found this thread, and since I always wanted one of the Headless horseman's swords, I went ahead and preordered one.

I've seen the one made years ago, but when I see them on ebay they are insane. I figure $200 isn't too bad.

I really like the movie. I watch it every Oct., and well really Keith Short worked on the tree of the dead, and I love everything he's done.

For those not familiar. I'd say a decent precent of what people do on here was made by him origionally.

Keith Short | Film Sculptor | sculpture and models for film, tv and commission

24. PHArchivist

Would be great to see pics...

25. irishamericanlad

irishamericanlad Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

this is the sword i have, taken from teh screen mold, these pics are taken from the ericpropman yourprops site whom i got it from... ill post some pics of the mold and parts i cut down to make cleaner and better :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. benhs1898

Anyone planning on getting the Museum Replicas sword? I'd like to see and hear some things about it when it's finally released.

27. jedijim3002

jedijim3002 New Member

Does anyone have any of these costumes? Are they decent? Does anyone have another source to get these costumes?

28. Heisenberg

Heisenberg New Member

Seeing this thread a little late… I got the MR sword some time ago. I’ve owned a FX one for years and never liked it.The MR version is a whole lot more sword. Just look at the size of this thing compared to the FX version. It’s huge. Overall I think the quality is pretty good. The blade got a few scratches but it's straight and sharp. It feels very solid. And they actually tried to make it look old.

Hessians2.jpg

29. jedijim3002

jedijim3002 New Member

That's awesome!! How much were they each?

30. Heisenberg

Heisenberg New Member

I believe the MR sword was around $200 and the Factory X 150.

31. jedijim3002

jedijim3002 New Member

Nice. I just picked up the Katrina Van tassel gown for my wife and the Ichabod Crane costume for myself. Not sure how they will look but I figured I'd try it out.