Slave to a Rhythm (with no grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Slave wings are a delicate work of pure art. Your going to do fine Guy, just remember less if more on the glue side of things lol, such a tricky blend of parts to bond.

lee

I'm thinking about what Lee just said and it'd make a lot of sense to tack this, not glue it too securely, as you go along. That way you can make mistakes.

You're moving along with this much faster than I expected Guy. PM me again about the doors. Maybe I can give you the extras I have. I just didn't think you needed them so soon.

I just dug out my slave stuff that I have and will follow up. Also, I have to sell an entex porsche by putting two partially completed kits together to make one awesome one that'll sell well on ebay! :)

I'm following you to figure this out too, so let's get moving...

I'm not gluing any of my stuff down until I get the armature sorted!

Also have plans to have the Entex parts cast - I think Salzo actually has the doors molded already....

I agree re gluing stuff too soon, I'm making the wings as a sub part system as they'll still need to be done like this to get it all together on the armature. The wing well Leopold arm is the key to the armature placement.

I'm hoping my hulls will be on there way early next week so I can get a much better idea of all things slave.
I'm going to scratch the Entex wing parts till I can get hold of castings, mainly so I can carry on with other parts of the wings and to get the practise!

Scott, I'm too impatient to sit with a box of donors without tinkering mate. The harrier wings are a bit unclear re the cut under the Bt44B part but the SW blu ray has opened up a bit of info re the cut point and fit, well I think it has?

Be great to here from Tim Ketzer and Isel if your watching as you both where light years ahead with your wings, any advice would be awesome especially if hurdles have been jumped?

It would also be great to know who else has jumped on Jasons Hull set, it cant just be me?????

Also have plans to have the Entex parts cast - I think Salzo actually has the doors molded already....

Thanks Jason, I may shoot him an email, dont think its fair to pester him whilst he's so busy :eek,

Hopefully I can sought something out with Scott first.

Yeah that armature is key to holding all these bits together. I'm thinking it's actually quite simple in the end. Routing it around where it would conflict with kit parts, wing wells, and cockpit seems to be the hard part. The wing wells and cockpit being the more difficult areas because it'll take some guessing to get the dimensions right.

I still can't make out much of what's in the wing wells yet. I can see a big disk brake and the armored car part and not much else. As I remember, there's a karl bit or two I've spotted in there too.

To me, the hobby throws me off track when I try to be a perfectionist and obsess over finding kit parts that seemingly can't be found...and this can go on for years! :)

I've not given the wells too much time as yet, we haven't brought this to the masses yet though, I'm sure like the A-wing and PD thread between the RPF members here can help us along mate. I know theres SU-85 in there and Leopold 88mm, 20mm flak the Entex brake discs and much more.

I'm all for idealised if nothing turns up, I'm not looking to get awards for this build but just have fun and PAINT IT :love

Julien, I'm gunna make a start on ID's for the wing wells pretty soon. As always mate your keen eye and knowledge would be appreciated as ever?

Not spent much time on them yet and have the obvious ones

Entex
8RAD
Leopold
88mm
20mm Flak
SU-85

There are mate, its what the SU-85 parts are attached to

I'll do some pics like with the PD thread so we can all have a crack at em, you cant beet a bit of group ID therapy. Gunna have a bash at what I can first but all are welcome to chime in. You know theres gunna be a raft of emails on this one mate :lol

Last edited:
Lol, mate always glad to help where i can, i think Julien has a bit more on the pulse though, anyhoo, ill dig out that F5 for you and bring it to Mem, its absurd, after ALL this time and bollocks, we may yet see Slave One done.

Lee

I hope so mate, no doubt just as I get started properly Tim will show off 3 completed builds.... which would be fantastic.

Thanks for the F5 part mate, that reminds me I need to dig you a pana set out.

Looks like I only need to get another Bt44B and a few Tamiya tanks and I'm nearly there. Well, for engine and wings that is.

Would be great if we could ID the remaining parts in the left and right wing wells. Then I could get going on the Slave masters.

Would be great if we could ID the remaining parts in the left and right wing wells. Then I could get going on the Slave masters.

Well, what are you missing Moe? Pics, going through donors for something else here and there, so a mental not of what is need for S1 would be handy.

lee

Im really excited to see this happen. Although I am still new to this site, I have seen enough to know that if anyone could pull this off it's you two. If you are in need of donor parts, I have the Karl pieces and few of the other greeblie pieces if you need them. I don't think I'll ever attempt this one. Good luck guys, and have fun!

Had a go at Vac Forming for only the second time ever today and I love it. I am lucky enough to have a set of Cast wings on the way but am still going to scratch them for the practise, plus I'd started before I new the cast wings where available.

It'll be interesting for me to see how close I can get em without ever seeing the Entex parts in the flesh. I've left the shape over sized so I can trim it back when the Shuttle part arrives so its a little wide in places at the mo.

Once I'm happy with the shape and size I'll add the handle recess as a separate insert. I could've made it into the buck but decided to go this way so I only have to make one buck and can adjust the shape without the recess anding in the wrong place (may or may not work)?

IMG_0069-2.jpg

EntDoor1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back