'SLAVE 1' Studio scale build

Thanks for the great comment 'joberg'. My next episode should feature detailing the main hull. This is something I'm going to enjoy. Hope you liked the video. :)
No, I didn't like it...I loved it.:cool::cool:(y)(y)Really love the way you've put that cockpit and the pivoting parts together + the paint job ain't too shabby either(y)

I jut watched your video series and all i can say is WOW. Really impressive work. Are you going to light any parts of it? I guess for the cockpit that's a no but what about the engines?

I jut watched your video series and all i can say is WOW. Really impressive work. Are you going to light any parts of it? I guess for the cockpit that's a no but what about the engines?
Thanks for the kind comment 'modelerdave' glad you like the video series. There's plenty more to come. I hadn't considered lighting. I may add some before I seal it up for good? I'll hand Slave 1 on the wall eventually so I'm not too bothered about engine lighting but the cockpit may be worth it. Watch this space... ;)

Progress is going well on my studio scale 3D printed 'Slave 1'. The original stl files serve just as a starting point. All the detail has been removed and a fair bit of re-engineering has taken place. All the main units are superglued together now and I have begun adding detail. The upper hull has been clad in styrene and the process of scribing panel lines has begun. I've also added styrene detail beneath the tail. Still lots to do. You can follow my build my YouTube channel here -

51836493755_b300beb84f_o.jpg

51835872733_847c2c3234_o.jpg

Fantastic video/tutorial mate(y) I'm going to use your trick for making my aluminium tubes straight! It's looking good (as well as the nose).
Eager to see your next update:) As far as kits are concerned; the kits are still, sometimes, available on Ebay...but they tend to cost an arm, a leg and a pint of blood in certain cases.o_O

Fantastic video/tutorial mate(y) I'm going to use your trick for making my aluminium tubes straight! It's looking good (as well as the nose).
Eager to see your next update:) As far as kits are concerned; the kits are still, sometimes, available on Ebay...but they tend to cost an arm, a leg and a pint of blood in certain cases.o_O
Thanks Joberg. I've just designed the guns in CAD. I plan to do the same with all the kit parts, which my wallet will thank me for one day... ;)

I have now designed and 3D printed the rotating wings for my studio scale Slave 1.
You can see exactly how this was done on episode #7 of my 'Project Slave 1' video series here on YouTube -

52054872146_f58a652151_k.jpg

52054872771_bb65a8687c_k.jpg

52055107924_1453615090_k.jpg

52055108204_0a7e3374ce_k.jpg

52053826962_fb89f7994d_k.jpg

I'm now working on all the underside detail so the end is in sight.​

Found your channel a while back, you should have waaay more subscribers than you do. I think I've watched everything.

Just watch the latest one right before I saw this thread.

I only have one gripe lol

You use milliput for filling stuff all the time, there are much better, easier and quicker ways to get the same results.

Even if you don't want to try different methods there are better alternatives to milliput such as Aves apoxie sculpt. I used to use milliput but I'll never go back to it now.

Cheers

Found your channel a while back, you should have waaay more subscribers than you do. I think I've watched everything.

Just watch the latest one right before I saw this thread.

I only have one gripe lol

You use milliput for filling stuff all the time, there are much better, easier and quicker ways to get the same results.

Even if you don't want to try different methods there are better alternatives to milliput such as Aves apoxie sculpt. I used to use milliput but I'll never go back to it now.

Cheers
Thanks for the feedback Zorg. I'm always open to new ideas. Experimentation, failure and listening to others is how I improve.

I'll certainly try Aves Apoxie Sculpt. I totally agree Milliput has its limitations. The Isopon P38 is very quick and dirty for big filling but I'm really finding the Upol putty excellent for surface filling. Car stuff works well and is a lot better value than model materials.

I'm doing all I can to promote the channel. I have lots of great subscribers who are really supportive and making great comments. I just wish there were a few thousand more... :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back