'SLAVE 1' Studio scale build

FURBALL

Jr Member
Is there something you cannot do? Wow...paint job is A+ for sure (y) (y) :cool::cool::notworthy::notworthy: I guess you'll add the oil streaks on the pistons also?
Thanks Joberg, there's lots I can't do.... yet. ;) I'm painting and weathering the underside units in sections, then with everything done I'll go back and balance out the tones and weathering, tweak any missed bits. That's 'PLan A'. :confused:

tdb68

i have been thinking when a new episode was coming out... i just found you here, and wha-la! a new episode!!! :love: :love: :love:
I LOVE IT!!! its great to see the design to application! WOW, such beautiful work!

FURBALL

Jr Member
I've just finished painting the wings and underside of 'Slave 1' using Archive-X acrylics and oils.
You can see exactly how on my YouTube channel HERE

52329857943_8c1f8f42d9_o.jpg

joberg

Master Member
Amazing once again :cool: :cool: (y) (y) :notworthy::notworthy: I know that the rod is a great way to display models; especially with moving parts (like the wings of this ship) Would a clear acrylic plate, with the proper attaching nut, do the trick also?
The plate would be the same width,(not the shape), as the bottom of the skirt and this plate secured to the base...you would still see the underside more clearly than the one with the rod;)
Just an idea:)

FURBALL

Jr Member
Amazing once again :cool: :cool: (y) (y) :notworthy::notworthy: I know that the rod is a great way to display models; especially with moving parts (like the wings of this ship) Would a clear acrylic plate, with the proper attaching nut, do the trick also?
The plate would be the same width,(not the shape), as the bottom of the skirt and this plate secured to the base...you would still see the underside more clearly than the one with the rod;)
Just an idea:)
Hi Joberg, that's a good option for displaying Slave 1. The problem I have is that with all the resin printed parts Slave 1 currently weighs about 6 kilos. An acrylic cradle would be a good option but you can see why my stand is designed to withstand seismic charges.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.