SLAVE 1 STUDIO SCALE 3D MODEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GEEK1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Wassup guys...so now that the Sandcrawler modelling is finished, I thought I would turn my attention to Boba's modified Firespray craft. Some of you will know I built a 1/6 Slave 1, a while back and had to model all the greeblies for the shell and the engine bay. However, I never did finish the actual ship...I just used the scans I had to generate moulds and dims for the 1/6 hull parts,
So I started by cutting in all the panel lines on the port side of the body and detailing the skin with greeblies;
SLAVE 1.jpg

SLAVE 2.jpg

SLAVE 3.jpg

Someone is claiming they gave you their file of this and stated it was only for personal use and you're off selling it now. I just want to hear the story from both sides there

OK to be clear..the base files for this model belong to Guy Cowan. The Scans I have, that he generously shared with me to help me build my 1/6 replica took him years of research and a considerable amount of money to acquire. I want to openly apologise to him, unreservedly, for any misunderstanding or flak he may have received because of this thread or any confusion I may have caused. My intention was always to liaise with Guy as the model progressed to seek his approval on my further use of the files and subsequent re-modelling and detailing...to be honest I wasn't even sure I was up to the task of modelling this, and wanted to at least work it up into a reasonable facsimile.
The last thing I wanted was to upset him...I know he has been treated very badly before, by other members of the prop community, and I am determined not to add to his woes...I consider him a friend and a mentor to the maker community and am in talks with him regarding the progress of this project
I am guilty of betraying his trust and possibly got a bit carried away with the subject matter and for that I am truly sorry

Thanks for that update GEEK1138. Guy has indeed been the main contributor, in terms of research and blood, sweat and tears concerning the Slave. I can understand his frustrations and I hope, for everybody involved that this misunderstanding will be resolved quickly and to the happiness of everyone:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back