Skywalker Compass from TLJ

OBI WAN KEN0B1

Sr Member
So after a ton of thought and a lot of planning. Me and a few friends have started working on the Skywalker compass from TLJ. We still have a ways to go but due to the hard work of my friends we have some progress to show off. Now nothing has been printed yet but it's getting real close. A few sections are done and a few more are close.
606064-3bd19aa226505a77b6ae4433bccf2c2c.png

I got the outside started and the center ring (the one that will attach to a bearing)almost complete. The bottom is proving to be a pain in the ass but these other two rings are just about done. I just need to add a little more detail. We are still looking for the right marble to go on the inside and i have to model what holds it in place. all in all we have a good start. Let us know what you think.
The lid is a WIP as well
Top Ring RPF 2.png

Update: 11DEC18
Hey guys! We’ve got a marble coming our way that’s pretty darned correct

Attachments

• 010518C2-7A83-472E-A9F3-226E5FC7099B.jpeg
    010518C2-7A83-472E-A9F3-226E5FC7099B.jpeg
    452.9 KB · Views: 282
Not that I would condone supporting TFF but they have a metal / pewter version that looks to be sold out.

Not sure how accurate the one on TFF really is (would be great to get your thoughts) but a full machined version would be awesome.

Compass Raffle

Not that I would condone supporting TFF but they have a metal / pewter version that looks to be sold out.

Not sure how accurate the one on TFF really is (would be great to get your thoughts) but a full machined version would be awesome.

Compass Raffle
As far as I understand that project was an utter failure, designs were lacking in a HUGE AMOUNT of detail and accuracy.
Lots of money was lost.

Compass Raffle

Two of us actually own one of the cast pewter compasses from TFF, originally we wanted to offer an upgrade kit for that compass, but it happens to be incredibly inaccurate and lacks in a lot of the detail from the original prop, so we thought making a whole new compass from scratch was just a much better idea.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back