Skyrim: Falmer Helmet- 1ST CAST OUT

xdmray

this game has taken up most of my free time. So i thought my next project should be from it.

this is the helmet worn by the falmer.
just starting out the sculpting.

Falmer_helmet.jpg

Falmer.png

20111120_00004.jpg

IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_1918.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Skyrim: Falmer Helmet

Veerrry cool helmet, thats a great choice from the game. Ive been playin it like crazy. I havent come across one of those yet, so ill make sure i keep a look out :eek

Dont know if its just me but it definetly reminds me of the faceplate off UNIT 2 from Evangelion. Or a Big a$$ spider :lol

I love this trend of skyrim replicas lately!

Great job so far keep it up!

thanks everyone! a little progress. this is turning out to be a very difficult sculpt. even though i have 360 degree reference, they are not that good.

depending on the angle, the shape changes, because the image is a bunch of polygons.

so...... im trying my best, but i'm going to have to take a few liberties to sculpt it how i think it will look good.

IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

I can already see one liberty you've taken: eye holes. It did make me wonder how the player can wear a Falmer helmet considering the (blind) Falmer have no need for eye-holes.

Looks good, though!

yeah those eye holes were more for me so that i could have markers. im probably not going to make human eye holes. i just needed them for my measurements.

im toying with sculpting the falmer head in as well.

small update.
i have been working on this but there probably isnt much to see. just working on getting the shapes better and symmetry.

i decided to also start up on the falmer war axe as well.

here's a ref pic of the axe.

FalmerWarAxeCC.png

IMG_2125.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg

IMG_2119.jpg

IMG_2120.jpg

Ha!!! brilliant build. loving it. i'm having to fight my nordic urge to hack and slash at it with my ebony sword LOL loving how this is coming together and look forward to see it all complete :D

ok so long time coning with this. i have been really busy with house stuff lately so not much time to work on props.

but here is a little i did today. getting the shapes down, and i threw in some details to make it easier for me to see. but this will probably get reshaped.

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

thanks everyone! i have worked some more on it, but nothing that a pic would show. still working on symmetry. in fact im gonna go spend a few hours on it now.

ok a little more work done. worked on symmetry, got a few more details in the left side of the face. started the mandibles. i moved the left ear/horn down and forward too.

IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_2306.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back