Skyrim Draugr helmet (female version, MANY PIX!)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Volpin

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
hey guys! Been a while since I fired up a thread, but haven't had much new in the works lately. Last month my wife and I were talking about what we're planning on for Dragon*Con, and we've both been playing a lot of Skyrim. She expressed interest in making some Ancient Nord armor, and I decided to take a crack at the Ancient Nord Helmet, also the ones the female Draugr wear.

Took about 3 weeks but I'm really happy with the results.

The only thing I'm not entirely satisfied with is the hammering texture. I started on the top first, and it ended up being a bit too uniform, but eventually I got a bit more "random" pattern sorted out when I worked on the sides and the face plate.

This helmet is TINY! My wife has a 21" circumference head and it will only fit pretty small ladies. I've got the molds, but I don't think anyone else will be able to wear the thing!

Some pics from the build process for people curious about how it all came together, spoilered so this post isn't a mile long.

Hope you like it!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

kwalsh0000

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was following the build on your facebook a/c but every time I see it I am in awe. Amazing work man

Jaedena

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Awesome work, I followed your progress on Facebook. Your paint finish really offsets the uniform hammering.

chinbeard

I had the chance to see this in person at PAX East and I am especially impressed with the antlers. Awesome work! =D

Crank729

Sr Member
Oh yeah, this is the one made from Aluminum cans right?

:behave

But in all seriousness, awesome job Volpin. Looking forward to your future projects.

zanderwitaz

Yeah this thing is something to see in person. Makes my scattergun and pistol look like something made from newspaper.

Harrison wins the internets!