Skyrim Dragonborn Helmet FUS RO DUH!! - Finished

corpseguy

Hey gang

Its been a long time since i've posted anything. Not to mention a long time since i got that itch back to just sculpt for the hell of it.
Also its been aluminum powder coated to give it that nice finish! i did try Iron but it was just too dark even before weather.

Would love to hear your feedback :)

And now the reason why you all here.. for the pics..

20120307_125426.jpg

20120307_125503.jpg

20120309_112546.jpg

Dova6.jpg

Dova7.jpg

Dova5.jpg

Dova4.jpg

Dova3.jpg

Dova2.jpg

Dova1.jpg

Well I for one think it's a great helm and you've captured the Skyrim look perfectly. Good job, particularly the beaten metal texture.
Error seems to be cleaning up on replies, think it's easy to see that it's the way it's modelled and not just the props that sell the finished product to the masses. ;)

Looks pretty cool!

Only real change I would make is to make the blood spatter a bit darker.

Might wanna add a small piece of leather to the back of the head/neck area, but other than that it's a damned fine helmet!

Chris

SWEET! do you plan on making more than the helm ? great job on this project ,the textures are awesome and the rivets are badass .
have you worn it around the house yet ? lol

Thanks man, and agreed. i've been trying to someone one whose is built to fight dragons.. i'm kinda built like a 7 year old.. and not the freakish muscle bound type. lol so am working on that. lol

was going to but ran out of darker red/brown. i will look into the leather! thanks for the tip!

Thanks :D Yup i got the mouths for that and the horns! This copy is in hard foam but i want to make a soft version so i can throw it around a little more!

wow i should have requested a tutorial from you before i took a crack at building , mine weighs SO MUCH , I met steve wang at pax and usually me him and my buddy goof around on the internet , so when we seen him we all just hugged and the helmet flew in a random direction almost killing people , people were worried it was going to break and i was like NO I THROW THIS THING! it sounds like i am throwing a cinder block , i am going to have a neck like henry rollins if i keep wearing it ... so maybe i should request a tutorial from you *lays on belly* so how did you make it!

hahaha thats awesome!

all i did was sculpt it up,take a silicone mold of it and cast it in a plastic! you could probably mold the one you have to make it lighter! same with the horns!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back