Skygunbro do i owe you?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by skygunbro, Sep 7, 2013.

1. skygunbro

skygunbro Well-Known Member

OK so first off I will say that I have been doing this for over 14 years and have never screwed anyone.That being said I had some health issues and 2 unexpected surgeries that put me down for a year. Im not going to go into my personal life online but its been a rough year.
    I have not been on here as a self imposed ban so to speak not because I'm hiding or ducking anyone That I owe items to. I had about 20 over due items and have whittled it down to about 6 so I HAVE been fulfilling owed items several people on here have received their items,if they have told people on here I'm not sure.Anyone who has messaged me on facebook I have answered.
    If I had the foresight to know what was going to happen I would have never even taken orders.I have had a excellent reputation up until this last year.SO people need to realize that if someone has a good rep. for 13 years then all the sudden it goes down hill you have to know something behind the scenes has happened.
    Im not making excuses nor wanting sympathy or anyone to feel sorry for me but life happens and it did to me in a big way.
    Anyway if youd like to discuss anything with me I have no problem talking to anyone that I owe items to.Here is my email skygunbrojpw@yahoo.com here is my home phone number 802-525-9736 you may also contact me via facebook.
    I will make everything right one way or another.

TheNylonGag and TheNickFox like this.
  2. Moviefreak

Moviefreak Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Good for you man!!! You are a great talent and your props are a great addition to any collection. I am glad to see the communication and showing that you are a stand up guy.

3. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I agree with Moviefreak, it's touches like this that make folks more willing to give you leeway if you have issues.

4. Darth Stone

Darth Stone Well-Known Member

I just stumbled across this post by accident. But I am very happy that you are still around, Jason. Having just read this I will need to go to the other thread and do some editing of what I had written before.

5. dse2187

dse2187 Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Email sent.

6. Durrett

Durrett Active Member

Still waiting on my V1 fett helmet from a year and a half ago.

7. Tim Allen

Tim Allen Sr Member

Good on you man for making things right. On a side note good to have you back and hope all your health issues are in the past.

8. Michael Bergeron

Michael Bergeron Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Another one here wishing you best of health man.

For people waiting, I ordered two helmets from SGB near the beginning of his health problems and although very late he DID come through and the product was excellent. Contact him and I'm sure he'll make it right.

9. Jannix Quinn

Jannix Quinn Sr Member

I think you owe me like, ten or twelve things. Just whatever you have on hand.

madmikeee likes this.
  10. Nwerke

Nwerke Master Member

Oh drat, I missed this in September. One Mystic head paid for, can't recall if I paid shipping too or not. Great to hear from you - not so great to hear your health has been so bad. :( Best of luck with it.

11. Amish Trooper

Amish Trooper Sr Member

He's had another surgery since this post. Plus it doesn't help his workshop is in the 40's. Not much can happen when it's cold

12. Burnsy

Burnsy New Member

You still owe me a refund of my money which I have been waiting for for months.

I have sent you around 10 emails that you have not replied to you and you blocked me on Facebook.

I would appreciate some contact from you as you have over $250 of my money.

13. Burnsy

Burnsy New Member

Still not received my refund. This guy has had my money for 6 months now. I have sent emails, pm'ed, he's blocked me on Facebook but still has $260 of my money.

Stay well away from SkyGunBro. Totally unprofessional and it now looks like a thief!!!

Makes me sick to think I've been treated this way by somebody in our community.

14. Burnsy

Burnsy New Member

Any news on my money yet???

Ive sent you emails, pms, but you're still ignoring me.

Not acceptable behaviour, 6 months of holding my money and I want it back.

15. OdiWan72

OdiWan72 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

my friend BobadieWix has been waiting for a concept fett for more than a year!!!

Markus

16. Moviefreak

He put his phone number in the first post....
    Try calling him?

17. Amish Trooper

Amish Trooper Sr Member

I'm really disappointed about this. I'm sitting at years but I knew some things would be a bit but the lack of any communication has bummed me out. We have a small group on FB that Jason created and have brought these issues up with no response. I haven't called in fear of getting some horrible news. I'm friends with his sister on FB too. I'm going to message her.

18. Moviefreak

I actually hope nothing really bad has happened to him.
    I know he previously mentioned his medial condition was life threatening last year or so.

19. Amish Trooper

Amish Trooper Sr Member

Yeah he was and I'll leave it there since that is his business. Still sucks....

20. Burnsy

Burnsy New Member

Any info you can get would be great guys. He's blocked me on his facebook account and he's totally ignored the numerous emails I have sent to him since the beginning of January.

21. Burnsy

Burnsy New Member

A friends reply on FB this morning from here in the UK :

Good luck mate, i got multiple tales of illhealth, divorce, moving house, etc. Still waiting for either cash or helm

22. Amish Trooper

Amish Trooper Sr Member

Just a repost from our small group on fb..... IMORTANT INFO PLEASE READ AND PASS ALONG.
    Im posting this info on behalf of skygunbro (Jason).
    The reason there have bee no updates or activity is because Jason got sick with what at first was thought to be a the flu,then pheumonia.Once to that point he was hospitalized he was running fevers of almost 106F was put on heavy antibiotics via IV.
    After about a week stay a chest tube was put in and a lung biopsey was done,at this point he was sent to Dartmouth Hitchcock med center in Hanover NH where it has been determined it was phenmonia but ALSO a large cell B Lymphoma.
    He is still there as of today and has been asking me to foa bit to update people . He has been almost more concerned about people knowing that he hasnt forgetten about them then anything.This was my fault for waiting and not updating people earlier.
    He has had a PET scan,had a bone marrow sample taken as well as a bone care sample taken,thankfully the lymphoma was not detected in the marrow.
    He has not been staged yet so no chemo has been startted yet but should happen anytime now. Doctors prognosis is very positive.
    Even though Jason has been very sick he has been making arrangements to get peoples items to them.
    So please do not think youve been forgotten or ignored this is not the case.There are currently 12 helmet that have been packed and awaiting labels and pick up.
    Please pass this info along word of mouth travels fast.
    I will be better about updating everyone as news comes in but will post here as its hard right now to post individually as you can imagine.But ALL projects WILL be completed.Jason is getting things put in place to make sure everyone is taken care of both old and newer orders.
    Thanks

Philly likes this.
  23. Philly

Philly Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

He doesn't owe me anything but tell him I wish him well. I can't believe he's still sorting the orders while in hospital.

TheNylonGag likes this.
  24. Burnsy

Burnsy New Member

Jason, do the right thing and give me money back.

You've had my money for 8 months now.
    You ignore my emails and I'm seriously * over this now.

The only way I feel I may see my money is to publicly air my laundry.

Not good man, you are seriously out of order on this.

25. Philly

Philly Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Did you see the post by Amish Trooper ?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  26. Burnsy

Burnsy New Member

Yes I did.

Jason messages me on 24th March after receiving his treatment. He said he would resolve the ongoing situation we have.
    he has blocked me on Facebook and ignores the emails I send him but he posts up on his facebook page the work he has been doing.

He has had my money since September last year. I asked for a Refund after he did not fulfill my order.

I have had a family riddled with cancer and I sent him my regards and wished him a speedy recovery but he continues to post up lids and helmets he working on Facebook. He still has money of mine which he seems to have no intention of refunding to me.

The only way I can reach him and show my anger at this situation seems to be on here and other public forums. Not my usual style but what else can I do?
    I have effectively had money stolen from me and I'm not happy.

27. Moviefreak

Sad that he actively can post on Facebook but not address his old orders here. He has been working on new stuff like crazy and posting all this month on FB, so it appears he is back to full steam in his shop. So the question is why he:

A) cannot take money from these new orders to refund people here.
    B) doesn't stop taking new orders and finish old ones.
    C) is not banned for failing to deliver and avoiding the forum and customers here.

Humorous thing he just posted a few days ago:
    "I order from Uline and they always come the next day and they should as they only offer next day shipping which sucks because i paid 46.00 for the actual boxes and then 50.00 for shipping.I better a get a credit on my next order or free shipping."

He gets frustrated with a company not shipping fast enough to him, and he thinks they owe him on the next order :lol
    Yet he has customers here who he still hasn't shipped to almost a year later.

Oh the hypocrisy :lol

Last edited: May 21, 2014
    Wes R likes this.
  28. DaddyfromNaboo

DaddyfromNaboo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Oh yes, but since I have seen several of the very, very, very senior members with "longtime delivery problems" now sporting the brandnew "banned"-logo beneath their user name, I am sure that he won´t be around this forum much longer if he does not act very, very fast.

Wes R, .:MirrorminD:. and Moviefreak like this.
  29. .:MirrorminD:.

.:MirrorminD:. Sr Member

He's more or less banned himself. He hasn't been on in months:

Last Active
    Sep 26, 2013

30. Moviefreak

He can call it whatever he wants...
    But when you owe product or refunds, and you avoid the site for months... It is not "a self imposed ban", it is called hiding.

.:MirrorminD:. likes this.
  31. .:MirrorminD:.

.:MirrorminD:. Sr Member

Well that's more or less what I was getting at.

32. Nwerke

Nwerke Master Member

Oh the hell with it.

I want a refund too. Jason - please.

33. Moviefreak

34. Nwerke

Nwerke Master Member

Yeah. It was good work. I paid for a Mystic head. Dammit...we had that other guy who had a Henson casting, AND a shard, but got himself banned for being an arrogant jerk. But SGB was offering good sculpts so, yay, right? Now this painfully slow-motion inevitable looming ban sitch...dammit, dammit, DAMMIT...

35. Moviefreak

I hope he comes through with a refund for you. I have the Mystic head he did as a prototype and I love it! Great piece, and would have been great next to his Skeksis.
    Oh well. Good luck. Maybe contact him through FB?

36. Nwerke

Nwerke Master Member

I'll try, and I won't be a jerk, but by the sound of things I can probably expect just to get blocked, right? Worth a shot tho.

37. Amish Trooper

Amish Trooper Sr Member

Besides his Skygunbro fb account I am friends with him on his personal one. I sent him a message asking if he could please get on here.

38. Burnsy

Burnsy New Member

I'm still waiting for my money back.

He just ignores my emails or maybe he's to busy ripping other people off.

I know of so many people here in the UK that he has shafted.

His attitude is incredible.

39. Amish Trooper

Amish Trooper Sr Member

He did respond and said that he doesn't think he can log in here. I'm not making excuses for him just passing along what he said. I will contact a mod for him.

40. Amish Trooper

Amish Trooper Sr Member

That arrogant jerk is still a member here. He's not hard to find. I messaged the mods once about his sockpuppet account but it's still active and he just posted a week or 2 ago. Hell he even linked his your props page with his old name smh lol

41. Moviefreak

I brought it up to the mods as well. I showed his old banned name is in the link to his YOURPROPS page, so we will see if they ever do anything.

42. Nwerke

Nwerke Master Member

Thanks Amish. Look I think we're a pretty forgiving crowd, we know about burnout, we know about health issues, we're not going to tar and feather anyone who shows up to face the music, right? Especially when there's unarguable talent involved. If he'll make things good he'll have my business again, for sure.

As for the other guy, PM me?

43. Moviefreak

BOOM! That guy is now gone. Montager wiped him out. He is not only banned but his posts and links to his Your Props page have also been deleted.

44. Montagar

Montagar Legendary Member Community Staff

I searched the staff section and didn't find any reports related to him being a sockpuppet. I am sure that you sent a message as you say, but that unfortunately is the problem with messaging instead of using the report post function (you can also report a pm that you received). Moviefreak reported a post that contained the proof that he was a sockpuppet and that accounts has been banned. Reporting a post gives the staff a viewable record that can be easily tracked. The following thread is a good read regarding the process.

http://www.therpf.com/f16/reporting-posts-pms-staff-staff-response-member-concerns-103812/

Moviefreak likes this.
  45. Amish Trooper

Amish Trooper Sr Member

Yeah I didn't even think of it then. I remember pm'g Moviefreak about him a while back.

46. Burnsy

Burnsy New Member

Can't believe SkyGunBro is now bad mouthing me on Face Book when he is totally in the wrong!!!

Dude needs to take a look at himself.

47. Moviefreak

You can give him a call 802-525-9736
    As he put his number in post #1

48. Moviefreak

What is he saying about you?

49. Burnsy

Burnsy New Member

That I am only telling half the story and I pulled out of the deal.

He really doesn't realise the further damage he is causing to his reputation.

Here is my FB reply telling my true and accurate side of the story.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=691569967547463&id=198852806819184

Half the story!!!
    Dude you so know you are in the wrong with this and your reactions are laughable.
    I feel I have to out you on RPF as you have effectively stolen my money.
    I ordered a helmet from you back in September/October last year. For a few months you kept promising you would send it out and then you tell me you can't remember what I ordered.
    I lost faith in you as a seller so I said I want my money back. You refused and told me either you or I had to sell the helmet. I told you back in November last year to sell it to someone else as I did not want anything more to do with you.
    You've blocked me on Facebook and you do not reply to my emails therefore what else can I do!?!?
    You've had my money for 8 months now. I know you were ill and I sent you wishes for a recovery. But you were not ill when you said you would sell the helmet and you now constantly post up on your FB page stuff you're working on.
    You have over $250 of my money and I want it back.
    You telling me you haven't sold a McQuarrie Fett helmet in 7 months? Because if you have that was my money that you said you would refund to me.
    Here is a copy of the email I sent to you around a month ago in response to a ****ty email you sent to me saying you could drag this out as long as you liked.

'You can drag this out forever you say?? How's 8 months of having my money!!,
    You have been ignoring my emails which is why a friend felt they would do something on my behalf to get a reaction from you.
    I also have all the pms and emails and you said you would sell it and forward me the money. So you're telling me you haven't sold a McQuarrie Fett lid since November/December time? If you have then that's my money.
    The reason I originally said to you I didn't want the helmet any longer is because you didn't have a fxxxxxx clue of what I ordered even though you kept saying it would be posted ASAP. At one point you thought I had ordered a McQ Stormtrooper helmet?!? I lost confidence in you as a seller as you didn't reply to my emails and after a month of placing my order you couldn't recall what it was I ordered!!!
    I'm sorry you've been ill but you are putting posts up on Facebook of things you're working on and there's me sitting here waiting for my money back.
    Sending the helmet to me is not an option, I've lost count of the times I said I don't want it. You clearly stated you would sell the helmet to somebody else else and forward me my money.

On the 30th October you sent me on Facebook ;
    'well I will post it for sale and have them pay you directly this is the only way right now i can do anything'

On the 7th November you message me on Facebook with ;

'Posted it on my wall Im going to have them pay me then ill pay you that way I have proof you got your money back.'

On the 8th Dec you sent me

'I have no issues with making things right but at this point the only thing i can do is sell the helmet and give you the money'

So please inform me of when I will be getting this money back.
    Stuart
    Sent from my iPad'

And in response to the Stormtrooper helmets you're referring to. Yes you mucked some of my pals about but I have also spoken to many, many more people here in the UK who are either waiting for refunds or goods from you.
    You keep referring to your 15 years of doing this. Yes you're a talented sculptor, but you're a terrible business man who has no care at all for his customers.
    Just sort your sxxx out Jason and give me back my money!

m.facebook.com
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=691569967547463&id=198852806819184

50. Burnsy

Burnsy New Member

I have now been issued a refund.