Skyfall Sniper Rifle

jklucznik2020

So I fell in love the the custom designed, suitcase born sniper rifle in Skyfall. The basic gist is this: an assassin sneaks in a rifle inside of a briefcase, as shown in the first picture, he then pull it out and assembles it in a certain way. The hard part of this build is that there are not a lot of good reference pictures. So this build will aim to be as accurate as possible. Here is what I have thought out (I think) so far. In the first picture, you will see on the right side support, that is the suppressor. Now in the middle of the rifle is the interesting part, because in the second shot from the movie, there is a support handle that Patrice (the assassin) uses. Why that is interesting is because in the first pic, where the handle should be is cut into two pieces and where the clip is, is shorter than it is in the movie. This isn't a big deal, I can make that part longer. Now in the third picture, it shows Patrice about to take the rifle out of the cradle. In this shot, it is backwards from the first picture, get it? The movie shot the barrel is behind his leg, PERFECT.... now I lost some good reference on the barrel and suppressor! It's ok though. Later in the scene, he puts the suppressor on the barrel, meaning when he pulls the gun out of his cradle, the suppressor is separated. Ok bear with me here, this is a lot already, use your imagination builders! So what I think happens here is that right at the top right corner in the fist picture, that is it, that is the end, but underneath that corner is some more barrel that gets pulled up to become the support for the soon to come suppressor. Alright, that clears the barrel, now onto the handle. What I think happens in that those two pieces, should actually be one and they simply hinge out somehow to make it flush with the rest of the body. By the way, I made a non functional model based of the 4th picture, but now I want one that folds in and out. I have not thought about the stock yet, this first picture is indeed concept art, so it is not entirely accurate to the hero gun, but it has a ton of consistencies with it. Thanks for listening to my brain dump, I will hopefully have updates soon! Oh and once the model is done, I will put it up on CGTrader.

-Jake
Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 12.37.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 12.25.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 12.01.32 PM.png GW581H258.jpeg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.