Skyfall - Daniel Craig Shanghai Costume

DarthXeladier

I'm going to start to put together an accurate costume for the Shanghai scene in Skyfall. I want to put this thread up as a resource for both an expensive, yet extremely accurate replica and a more affordable version. I found an article that goes pretty well into detail on this costume and that is where I got the bulk of my info. (If there is already a thread going in depth on this costume that I do not know about, I'd love to be directed that way!) The article is linked below

Skyfall – Bond’s Peacoat in Shanghai

The peacoat is the most recognizable part of the outfit. It was made by Billy Reid (who did a run for the production and for the public after the film aired).

Skyfall Shanghai Full Body.jpg
Skyfall Peacoat.jpg

The sweater is by John Smedley and is a wool v-neck. The dress shirt and tie are both from a company called COS.

Skyfall Jumper & Shirt.jpg

The pants are wool trousers that were made by Acne Studios

Skyfall Dress Pants.jpg

Bond wears black chukkas made by Crockett & Jones (they call the boots "Tetbury")

Skyfall Chukkas.jpg

As to Bond's accesories in the scene, he can be seen wearing leather gloves, a watch, and earlier at the airport a pair of aviator sunglasses. The gloves are by Dent and are unlined. The watch is an Omega Seamaster Terra Aqua Chronometer with a stainless steel band. The sunglasses are Tom Ford Marko TF144 aviators with a silver frame and dark blue lenses.

Skyfall Gloves.jpg
Skyfall Watch .png
Tom Ford Skyfall Aviators.jpg

Last edited:
Obviously the most accurate, production-used items can be very expensive to obtain. I'm going to put alternative and more affordable options here in the thread as well to give ideas of how to replicate this awesome outfit on a more conservative budget.

I have this entire screen-accurate costume. It took me a few years to get everything but it's my favorite Bond casual outfit. The Billy Reid peacoat sold today is not exactly the same one Craig wore on screen. The screen-used one is 100% wool whereas now its 80% wool/20% nylon, obviously its a minor difference though.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back