Skydiver 5 foot build

I started building this a couple of years ago and have now gotten around to finishing it. Got a couple of 40mm water jets for it and have to install them. when thats done I need to finish adding all the detailing on the sub and there you go lol, easy aint it.

I just got my newest SciFi Modeler mag and it has a good article about diver.

Dan

Sure you're adjusting for it, but I would imagine that with the actual Diver attached it's going to be pretty nose heavy.

Yep, Dont forget the power cells I'll be using, And where in the sub they go. I can counter balance the sky 1 with them.

I just got my newest SciFi Modeler mag and it has a good article about diver.

Dan

Would that be the Cassini one? If so I've seen it. A beautiful piece of work, Based on the Smaller 30 inch filming model. As with most productions from those bygone days the different models had sometimes significant differences and such was the case with Sky 1 and Skydiver models. Mine is a bit of a mish mash, the Sky1 is based on the 2 foot stand alone one and the diver more in keeping with the 5 foot model, as seen in good detail in Psycobombs.

Done a bit more today, the engine exhausts are under rubber and will replace those in the current kit as they are more screen acurate to the larger filming model. also started to add the vents.

Something I had been putting off done today, the dredded rear top fins. They are very prone to being knocked about so I like to make them removable. heres the result.

As it stands, I finished the vents, just need to tidy them up and sorted the gap where the conning tower meets the main hull. More tommorow.

Done a bit more to Diver, Rear Hull detailing, Front Sky 1 Interface, Conning tower ports and insets also "The Place where peeps stand" and the intake grills underneath. As far as im concerned its nearly done I wont be adding any stand out details underneath for drag reasons and since this model will be dragged along to loads of ponds, lakes etc they would probably be knocked off.

Got the mesh I needed and did this today all thats left is 4 vents each side on the back and finish on the conning tower. Then Sky 1.:love

Divers pretty much done so Sky 1 to go, cockpit and rear plate and the smaller detail parts, heres how it is.

Today I started on the backplate on Sky 1, I'm making an effort to mimic the detail found on the Stand alone 2 foot original prop.

I'm making an effort to mimic the detail found on the Stand alone 2 foot original prop.

Ah, you didn't mention that over on All Section Alpha Forum - Welcome - otherwise I wouldn't have posted that pic of the 20" Sky 1! :facepalm :lol

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but remember that most of that detail on the 2-footer's rear panel was added by Phil Rae after he acquired the model in the early 90's. Contemporary photos of the rear panel are like hen's teeth!

Ah, you didn't mention that over on All Section Alpha Forum - Welcome - otherwise I wouldn't have posted that pic of the 20" Sky 1! :facepalm :lol

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but remember that most of that detail on the 2-footer's rear panel was added by Phil Rae after he acquired the model in the early 90's. Contemporary photos of the rear panel are like hen's teeth!

Hi JD, yep I know that but time constraints being what they are I need to get this beast finished, so im going with what I've got and hope its good enough. And its a seperate removable panel so can be changed at a later date if I get the urge:lol. And any help is most appreciated:thumbsup

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back