Skydiver 5 foot build

RCnut

I started building this a couple of years ago and have now gotten around to finishing it. Got a couple of 40mm water jets for it and have to install them. when thats done I need to finish adding all the detailing on the sub and there you go lol, easy aint it.

Cheers guys, Ordered the brushless motors and esc's today so hopefully will install them by sunday. Now......boyency. Hmmm when I last put this thing in our pond to see if the previous jets worked (They didnt coz I mounted them inside the outer side just behind the side vents the bloody thing was sitting so high in the water they didnt even get wet) this time as you can see I've gone back to the belly with them. To get this thing to dive it would have to be freeflooded with a WTC intalled so where do the jets go? I'd rather stick to my plan for a surface runner with the possibility of sea skimming.

:eek GOOD GOOGLY MOOGLY!!!! :eek

Bro you are going to have to put a lead weight in her otherwise that thing is gonna fly right out of the water! :lol

Totally AWESOME!!!

I've three things to say about this:

1/ I have absolutely no idea what a Skydiver is, so I'm going to have to look it up.
2/ Whatever this is, the model is stunningly good and the propulsion method is amazing!
3/ Is that the boating lake on the Rye where you did your test? I watched your video and thought that the surroundings looked familiar. I could be wrong.

Keep up the great work, I can't wait to see how this turns out when completed.

Holluba

Apollo, Thats the plan lol. And Holluba Yep thats the Rye, lol. Its now drying off upstairs, I still have to seal up where the jets go thru. Didnt want to do that till I was sure it worked.

Wow thats looking good mate!
Is that the thing I helped you guys fibreglass at Brads?
That will look sooo good in the water.
Hows the Pink Peticoate?
lol!

Wow thats looking good mate!
Is that the thing I helped you guys fibreglass at Brads?
That will look sooo good in the water.
Hows the Pink Peticoate?
lol!
Hi omes72

Thanks, Erm This thing was fibreglassed in Edmonton, London. Its actually my Kit, Studio2Models. And whats with the Pink Peticoate lol?

Update, its all smooth now, Conning tower can now be fixed on and removed via a screw, Boxed off the vents etc. Time to start adding all the Greeblies.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back