Sky Captain Robot Blueprints

Kylash

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I remember talk of this back when the film came out but that thread seems to be gone... did anyone ever get to this or find any good source other than a screencap?

I remember seeing robot blueprints at the Sky Captain booth at Comic Con in 04, but that was it. I think the blueprints were on the walls.

- k

sweet thanks. I was thinking i remember theres a shot during the art of thing on the dvd showing some art and one is a sheet of the robot designs, not sure if its the same as the blueprint though

Bingo. You are correct.

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/r3.jpg

-Mike

ive been working tracing over the entire blueprint to make a nice clear image from it and noticed, when you look at those two screencaps the head of the robot on the left is different in them both, one simplified and one with more details as the blueprints posted. I will be going with the more detailed version, just interesting :p

Heres my scratch made blueprint. Most of the German is just gibberish, bt I made out what I could, including the main title on top. Ive got a few things hidden in there so dont let this end up on ebay :p

Sky Captain Robot Blueprints

printed mine out with the nice laser printer at work. Still need to crumple it and rip the right side, but here it is

rbp1.jpg

rbp2.jpg

Looks damn spiffy :)

What'd you draw it in, anyway?

Also, I think the bottom has a border just like the top & sides, but the video cuts before it's shown (so it isn't in the caps).

-Mike

ahh i cut the bottombecause i saw the crop makrs there in the design so assumed it was cut since they arent on the top :p I did it in Photoshop.

Looking good, but I would suggest having one of our German speaking friends on this board try to do proper translations to make it really authentic.

Even though I use Photoshop myself I would have to agree with Franz Bolo about the Illustrator version of it.
It can easly be moved to either platform.

I have Illustrator but have yet to learn how to use it. :rolleyes

D6

I know i should have done it in Illustrator but i wasnt thinking... but whats wrong with it, when you print it out it looks fine and its a jpg, crossplatform.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back