Skull trophy help

Plasmapredator

Hi preds
Im trying to make my own skull trophy,just i cant. Ive been on ebay and cant find a simply normal one (all of them on ebay have flashing eye lights,or theyre a candle,or theyre giant,etc etc...) so im trying to make one,only i have no idea how. Im thinking paper mache but not so sure...any help?

you could also just buy one of those verebrae models that schools buy, just the spine and coccyx, just remove whatever you dont want, buy a skull you like, then just paint it. Both can be found on ebay.

you could also just buy one of those verebrae models that schools buy, just the spine and coccyx, just remove whatever you dont want, buy a skull you like, then just paint it. Both can be found on ebay.
I'll look for the spine,but 872 pages of skulls on ebay,and the first twenty pages are either rings,candles or other? LOL i'll look,but not all 8 hundred pages!
Thanks anyway!

I've just bought a sheep's spine off ebay, I put 'taxidermy skull' in search, this bought up about 3 pages - hope this helps

I would recommend the Uratz version as well.
As far as buying a skull to make your own, you could try searching "Bucky Skull" on ebay. There should be a few decent results for you to skim through. If you want to make one from scratch, most paper mache builds that I have seen done start with a cheap halloween decoration as a base. Similar to what is shown here: http://www.stolloween.com/?page_id=2539

A few options to consider. Good luck.

uratz set up would be way better for your buck tho.tha medical models are crazy expensive!

nah, you can find em for like $50 if you wait for a good deal, i got one awhile ago, and used it to make this when i had my old Predator. I wish i kept the skull and spine trophy cause now i need another :D . You also have to take into account that shipping from China is expensive, if Uratz was in the U.S., it wouldnt be so bad.

IMG_0288.jpg

I no longer offer those as there's issue with recasted work of any kind regardless that its mother nature or not.
I would sculpt the bones from scratch sometime in the future.

if your referring to that life size Scott, thats my old latex version. I gots the resin one now, just dont have the head for him yet :D. So that aint the one i was talking to you about before.

tbh im gonna do it out of paper mache,that was my intention but didnt think it would work.doing the form out of a balloon,in about half an hour.YAY. thanks tokyo rose for saying do it out of paper mache and of course all the others who replied to help.if it goes wrong then ebay,if not then maybe uratz? Thanks for the offer uratz,but paper mache will hopefully work

Do a few searchs on google. I know for halloween we used to decorate bucky skulls/ skeletons. they are too expensive and the look anatomicly accuarte to me.
Just my 2 cnets.
I know haven't made formal intro yet but couldn't help but commenting here.

Do a few searchs on google. I know for halloween we used to decorate bucky skulls/ skeletons. they are too expensive and the look anatomicly accuarte to me.
Just my 2 cnets.
I know haven't made formal intro yet but couldn't help but commenting here.
thanks for the info!
i might be making it out ofd paper mache though,sound good to anyone?

ps no need for formal intro midnight!

I think you'll be able to come up with something awesome using paper mache. People often assume that the only way to make something legit is to use the fanciest and most expensive materials, but the lab is a perfect example that this is untrue. Some of the foamie blaster cannon's built on here come out absolutely incredible, and the materials and theory behind it are really quite simple. Don't get me wrong, executing them properly takes a lot of skill and hard work, but for such basic materials the results can be astonishing.

Give it a go, be sure to look at lots of reference photos to keep the skull as anatomically correct as possible. That will definitely add to the believability. You can consider a cheap Halloween skull as a base to work from or try building it from scratch. Your call. Do your best , post pictures and see what you can come up with. I'm sure it will be wicked.

NOW START BUILDING! :p

Good luck and keep us updated.

I think you'll be able to come up with something awesome using paper mache. People often assume that the only way to make something legit is to use the fanciest and most expensive materials, but the lab is a perfect example that this is untrue. Some of the foamie blaster cannon's built on here come out absolutely incredible, and the materials and theory behind it are really quite simple. Don't get me wrong, executing them properly takes a lot of skill and hard work, but for such basic materials the results can be astonishing.

Give it a go, be sure to look at lots of reference photos to keep the skull as anatomically correct as possible. That will definitely add to the believability. You can consider a cheap Halloween skull as a base to work from or try building it from scratch. Your call. Do your best , post pictures and see what you can come up with. I'm sure it will be wicked.

NOW START BUILDING! :p

Good luck and keep us updated.
thanks,im using help from the website you showed me earlier,true what you said about expensive materials,paper mache is good to work with and its simple. Im putting up a pic at the end when i made it,but only if it turns out good though!
:)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back