Skin Sticking

pred beginner

hey whats up guys , so im at the final stages of latexing the mr. i suit and im noticeing that the suit is sticking to the stuffing i used. My question is has anyone had this happen? if so how do i go about unsticking it without damaging the suit? any suggestions will be appreciated thanks guys :) jimmy

i still have my MR I suit untouched. i really need to get on it. by sticking skin, do you mean like. one part of the skin sticking or overlapped and wont come out without tearing? and is it already 100% dried

it sounds more like the latex is being absorbed into your stuffing. Not good. Duct tape shouldn't absorb it and should peel off.

My only suggestion would be to turn it inside out and either cut or sand the stuffing out. You'll need to use your judgment on this, I have had that problem.

Can you take a picture of your issue to show us?

Latex will bond to anything it can soak into or wrap around, like open celled foam or fibrous materials like cotton wool. The only way to unbond, in these situations, is to dissolve the latex.

it sounds more like the latex is being absorbed into your stuffing. Not good. Duct tape shouldn't absorb it and should peel off.

My only suggestion would be to turn it inside out and either cut or sand the stuffing out. You'll need to use your judgment on this, I have had that problem.

Can you take a picture of your issue to show us?

no silly me didnt make a duct tape dummy, went the other route stuffing a bunch of clothes into it :( stupid i know lol dont think its stuck all over, thinking just around the neck so far all ive seen. was hoping maybe there was some kind of solution i can put on it to maybe separate them. thanks for reply man

Well that is a lesson learned. Follow what others have done before and you should be O.K. Hopefully, you can salvage your costume.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back