Skin Help

UglyMoFo

Hey everyone, finally got some skins for my suit thanks to biohunter76 (Casey). Thanks man! They're raw DB P1 skins: torso, arms, and legs. I need some help with two things: (1) getting them ready to be painted and (2) how to get into them. Help appreciated.

- Jarred (UMF)

to get into it i think there should be a zipper on the back and if there isnt one already there, then you must cut a slit in the bag and add a zipper. for the legs. its like jeans, just pull them on.

Hey Jarred, if you have a raw skin then you are going to want to size and trim that puppy to fit your body. The best way is with a stuffed dutctape dummy (Bovine13"s latest shows excellent examples of this). I have never painted a raw skin before, but I have painted a mask. You want to make sure to clean the surface (again, a seasoned painter will know better than I) of any releae agents that may be on there. Hope that helps

Hi Ugly :)

Can u post some pics? I'd like to see DB skins as I have not seen anything other than Head masks from DB

Thanks
Mike

use a citris cleaner before painting...it opens the pores in the latex and allows for great adhesion. as for paint i , i use a combination of monstermakers latex rubber paint and createx fabric paint(for airbrushing) . the MM latex paints i use for base coats and large areas and the createx paints for details....i.e. spots...shading and skin patterns. then use permawet (also available through monster makers) i cut mine 50/50 with distilled water and then add flat airbrush medium to it to give it a flat finish rather then the glossy wet look if you use it just cut 50/50 with distilled water. the 50/50 cut keeps it from clogging your airbrush every 10 seconds and makes it spayable also. the createx fabric paint you should heat set it(with a blowdryer) this makes it semipermanent on latex and then you must seal it with the permawet or it will rub right off for you. thats what i do and it works perfectly...im by no means a proffesional but i do have some experience. all through expensive trial and error...mostly error :)

Okay Garo and Uratz. Here's some pictures for ya.

IMG_2653.jpg

IMG_2656.jpg

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_2660.jpg

IMG_2662.jpg

IMG_2663.jpg

IMG_2665.jpg

So folks, as they are, what needs to be done to them? Help appreciated.

- Jarred

IMG_2653.jpg

IMG_2656.jpg

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_2660.jpg

IMG_2662.jpg

IMG_2663.jpg

IMG_2665.jpg

well if i were you id just slip on the top like a tshirt , then like feet said put legs on like pants, and yeh looks like theres some mold
release , get a damp towl and clean all the white off,

thats should do, skin looks nice, if the torso is to big then u may need to cut the back and make a slit and bring in more and put a zipper,
lets hope it fits now lol

:)

not to contradict, but,unless you got one of the first few pulls from these molds the chance's are slim to none that there is mold release on the skins....no mold release is needed to get latex from a plaster mold, my guess is its plaster residue or powder. if you go with the citrus cleaner you will be ready to paint. this will also get any mold release off if there is any.

cant help ya with the prep for paint but with regard to getting into it me persoanlly i would make the suit a one piece. glue the top and bottom together then as Ernie says cut it down the back and put a zipper in.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back