Skilled Model Repairer Required For Broken Sideshow P2 Maquette

rhythmnstealth

As pictured, the missus dropped it a while back and it broke. I'd love to get it repaired but I dont have the skills that some of you fine prop/model makers do. The spear is snapped just before the hand and slight splintering of the spear has occured which i'd like to have built back up. Any chance that someone in the UK could give me a quote to repair this please? Any help would be greatly appreciated. The missus will be paying for it... Now shes out of hospital

photo.JPG

blog_ssp2review01.jpg

drill then wire,then re-build is not a hard job.its the paint matching thats the hard part,so would be invisible to the eye.hope you can get it sorted mate. 

The pic shos all the stuff for do-it-yourself:

1. Use super glue till you have filled the gapes of the splitted spear-parts. Just a few drops. Layer after layer.

2. Carve the dried glue with a knife into right shape. Use the file for smoothing.

3. Glue the pieces together.

4. Paint just the superglue-reshaped parts with a darkgreen or black marker.

5. Use golden and cooper marker in combination. You don't need too much of the paint. Practise on a dark colored plastic-   piece with a toothpick or a match to see what results you have.

repair-stuff.JPG

carss66 said:
drill then wire,then re-build is not a hard job.its the paint matching thats the hard part,so would be invisible to the eye.hope you can get it sorted mate. 
I agree it's the way I would repair it,how bad is the splintering? I've never worked with polystone before, but I'm pretty certain a good model filler would work to repair the splintering.

Okami-skullcrushers reply appeared while I was typing, he's said it all I think.

That really should be an easy fix.  Just secure the two pieces together and repaint.  To be honest, you are going to pay as much for repair as that dio is worth.  If you don't want to take on the task yourself, I would suggest just trying to find a replacement.  You could sell this one on eBay as damaged and make some of your money back. 

jaguargod said:
That really should be an easy fix.  Just secure the two pieces together and repaint.  To be honest, you are going to pay as much for repair as that dio is worth.  If you don't want to take on the task yourself, I would suggest just trying to find a replacement.  You could sell this one on eBay as damaged and make some of your money back. 
Replacements start (if you're lucky) at $200.00 IF you can find one.  Cheapest I've seen right now is $349.00.  Like most have already said, drill, pin, glue, then fill the chips/cracks with a good quality light weight filler.  Sucks that this happened, but I think you should be able to do a good enough job that it won't be noticeable to anyone.  There are allot of talented guys here that could guide you through it step by step, or would be happy to fix it for you for much much less than a replacement.

Brian

You may find more UK modellers (nearer to Manchester) to assist on the Clubhouse forum - http://theclubhouse1.net or Hobby talk forum - http://www.hobbytalk.com/ I think the links are correct (you may need to register before posting).

But from looking at your problem it may as others have said be worth taking a 'bravery' test and DIYing it as this looks to be a fairly straightforward break/repair (famous last words).

Thanks for all the advice guys. I think it's worth DIYing it from what I've read. I doubt I could make it any worse. I'll give it a go this week and show you all how I got on. I might surprise myself!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back