Skiff and Barge Climbing Saber

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
To clean up the ROTJ Saber threads some, I wanted to drag this one out of the closet so we can discuss it a bit more. It's not the Wired saber, I'm pretty sure. Definitely a cast of the V3 but with a nipple or pour spout and V2 style paint. Blackened emitter plate in a similar pattern to the V2, gaff tape around the neck or something, etc.
Picture 46.png

The grip rings are notoriously in bad shape, paint coming off and everything.
1598894815640.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 12.35.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 12.35.36 AM.png

This last shot above shows how shiny it really was
Probably the same as this saber...

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 12.30.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 12.40.51 AM.png

new idea...Was this rubber?! is that why the paint is so bad?

As someone said in the other thread, I’m of the opinion that this is a resin cast of the V3 which had its original emitter at that point in time (possibly with a removable nipple?). At some point the original emitter broke (possibly during the Death Star duel scenes where we see a bent V3) and was replaced with what we see on the V3 today.

I want to posit it may be rubber/foam rubber. Given it is part of a physical stunt performance, is bent, and the paint is rubbing off, I always thought this one was “soft.”

Last edited:
I want to posit it may be runner/foam rubber. Given it is part of a physical stunt performance, is benr, and the paint is rubbing off, I slways thought this one was “soft.”

Do we have any examples of foam/rubber saber props in the OT? This would be the first I’m aware of.

Thought I saw the Yuma box there vs. the lever :facepalm

There’s definitely 3 holes visible...the 2 rectangular normal clamp holes and a round one. There’s another round hole adjacent to the aft end of the lever on the v3 but can’t make that one out.

Do we have any examples of foam/rubber saber props in the OT? This would be the first I’m aware of.

No-- but I think the R2 popper sleeve looks soft to me as well. No one has said, I'm not the first to suggest it-- but it is pretty common in moved to make rubber stunt weapons. I want to say rubber E-11s from ROTJ have been found, but I could be remembering wrong.

All I know if rubber props was like seth said, the e11’s and boba fetts ee3 for when he’s flying you can see the stock bent

No lightsabers to my knowledge have ever been found rubber casted

All I know if rubber props was like seth said, the e11’s and boba fetts ee3 for when he’s flying you can see the stock bent

No lightsabers to my knowledge have ever been found rubber casted

That’s what I thought as well, and we have a ton of examples of resin stunt sabers.

If you’re stunt double and your job is to jump against the side of a metal wall, resin in your belt isn’t much better than metal... just saying.

Then again, it was the 80s. Safety rules weren’t as strict as now.

It looked like Mark did this himself too. That was my initial thought because this looks like light brown rubber

I have a new picture, dug up via google. Judging by the booster/pommel visible when Luke grabs Leia before swinging to safety, that hilt tucked in his belt may be the same one. Worn silver paint and all. Here's the emitter.

C'mon!.png

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back