Skeleton Key (Auror Costume WIP)

Pocko

Hello All,

I've been working on a small project over the last couple of weeks. It's an idea I haven't been able to shake off for ages, but took me a while to build up my confidence enough to get started.

This is designed to fit into the world of Harry Potter, and is part of my WIP Auror costume.

This is not an item featured in the films, or in the books, but something I imagined my Auror would carry amongst all his other equipment and artefacts gathered battling the Dark Arts.

*The paper props are slightly reworked to my preference, but owe massive credit to the wonderful people on the HP Paper Prop Thread!

Final1.jpgFinal2.jpg

I sculpted the original from Milliput (the standard, grey/green), using Evergreen styrene for the straight sections.

I then made a silicone mould, and cast the key in polyurethane resin.

Primed with Games Workshop Black spray, then painted up with other Games Workshop and Vallejo paints. Final weathering stage was a light dusting of MIG powder.

WIP1.jpgWIP2.jpgWIP3.jpgWIP4.jpgWIP5.jpg

Final1.jpg

Final2.jpg

WIP1.jpg

WIP2.jpg

WIP3.jpg

WIP4.jpg

WIP5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
this is awesome pocko!
i like your rusty orange wash.
i look forward to seeing the rest of the costume come together!
good job!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back