Skele gro bottle (Harry Potter) commission piece.

Howat Props

This is a commission piece i sculpted for a client recently, its almost finished. Sorry for the lack of photos, i was trying to make it as quick as possible.

rpf 3.jpg rpf 2.jpg rpf 1.jpg rpf 4.jpg rpf 5.jpg rpf 6.jpgrpf 7.jpg rpf 8.jpg rpf 9.jpg rpf 10.jpg

this is freaking sweet....good job man!! i think they'd do pretty well in the junkyard. you should try an interest post with prices and see how many bite.

Howat is one of the best prop makers ever. I bought his skele-gro bottle and it is one of the most beautiful replica that i have now. he is very very talented. i recommend to everyone who would like a skele-gro bottle in his collection!

I'm new to sculpting/model making, this is fantastic I'd really like to give this a go myself, if I had the money this would be first on my list..as much as I'd love it not working at the mo so no way can afford it. Can I ask for some advise on how to make it, what clay, what bottle etc...rest assured theres no way it will compete with yours,I'll understand if you don't want to..great piece though..thank you.

I'm new to sculpting/model making, this is fantastic I'd really like to give this a go myself, if I had the money this would be first on my list..as much as I'd love it not working at the mo so no way can afford it. Can I ask for some advise on how to make it, what clay, what bottle etc...rest assured theres no way it will compete with yours,I'll understand if you don't want to..great piece though..thank you.
okay, first of all i used this shampoo bottle as the base 11026473_961297253883435_582471640_n.jpg. i used this because 1- it would save a bit of time and 2- it was almost the exact right dimensions. I then put a small amount of easy flo 60 resin inside of it and sloshed it around to strengthen it because it was pretty weak. Then i used chavant nsp medium oil clay to sculpt on top of the bottle. I would usually use monster clay because i prefer it but i had a block of chavant handy. the head was also sculpted out of chavant. then i made a 2 part silicone mould of the bottle and the head, they both had a fibre glass mother jacket (or support jacket). i cast both parts out of easy flo 60. the arms and collar bone sections were made from milliput, with a wire skeleton. Then i just put it all together and painted it with acrylics. I hope this is helpful.

OMG..so much involved...I was hoping just to find a suitable bottle and apply suitable clay to form skeleton and skull and paint..would this not work as a low level entry piece..do I have to cover the whole original bottle with clay completely first.

OMG..so much involved...I was hoping just to find a suitable bottle and apply suitable clay to form skeleton and skull and paint..would this not work as a low level entry piece..do I have to cover the whole original bottle with clay completely first.

You could use an epoxy clay for the whole thing. So get your shampoo bottle (or whatever you decide to use) and sculpt straight onto it using something like milliput (which is an epoxy based clay). i think the american equivalant is "Epoxy Sculpt"? epoxy clays harden so you could go straight to paint, this would cut out the mould making part. Only thing is that epoxy clays are usually more difficult to work with. I still think its a good beginer project (on the more difficult side of beginer)

Phew! I might stand a chance now of making something.lol. Thank you so much for your time and sharing your experience it really is appreciated from such a talented artist.I probably wont upload my finished item when ready as its gonna be nowhere near as good as yours..lol. I'll try my best...thank you

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back