skeksis vulture like movie prop?

bbdwolf64

hi, I've had this prop for almost a year, and I'm trying to find out what this is. it has 6 cable wires(4-blue & 2-black) to operate the mouth,cheeks, eyes, horns and other things.and has a clear hose as to use for some kind of liquid.it measures 15 inches from the bottom of the shoulders to the top of the head. the head itself is 9 inches and is made of some kind of rubber. it has a T rod extending out from inside the neck to manually turn the head. does anyone know what this can be, is it a screen used movie prop?

Last edited:
Defo not the griffin, that mechanical mask was really large and different in its dimensions. Would say it's from some some budget movie or even fan made. However, the eyes look nice.

thanks for the info, i took a look at the griffin. and the griffin resembles more of a dragon like face.and i also have seen this somewhere,but ive been searching close to a year and still cant find anything on this prop. could this by chance have been made by jim henson and been modified in the past? because it resembles more a skeksis, except for the horns, teeth and goatee. this is a very heavy and well made piece. any info on this is much appreciated. thanks

Something about that thing makes me think of Full Moon Entertainment, possibly one of their movies. I can't think of a specific film, but it has a look about it that fits their style.

most definitely not a skeksis, as each of those had a long neck, and flat foreheads

it does however kind of resemble the The Fire Gang creatures from Labyrinth

I don't think that's what it is, but it definitely looks like a relative...
do you have any larger photos, or any documentation. Can you tell us where it came from?

I've seen this thing before, I just don't know where.....

Last edited:
hi, i have no larger photos. and no paperwork as to where it was used or who made it. i purchased it from a person who bought a storage unit that was auctioned off in california. the unit was filled with near a 100 props. and it does resemble the creature pictured from the labyrinth. thanks for the photo.

most definitely not a skeksis, as each of those had a long neck, and flat foreheads

it does however kind of resemble the The Fire Gang creatures from Labyrinth
aph_5.jpg

I don't think that's what it is, but it definitely looks like a relative...
do you have any larger photos, or any documentation. Can you tell us where it came from?

I've seen this thing before, I just don't know where.....

Definitely not one of the Fireys....

there are 2 new photos. one shows there is a very detailed human set of the teeth in the mouth. and a red tongue which is made of silicone.there is 2 sets of teeth. the 2nd photo is of the inside of the head, which shows levers and cables and 3 clear tubes which are supposed to spray fluid out from the mouth.the right eye is not supposed to light up red, only move.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back