Sizing the helm (iron man )

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by breakpoint, Nov 28, 2011.

1. breakpoint

breakpoint Member

Hey guys .
    Im new here as most of the other posts I have seen :p hehe and in dire need of some help..

Ive started to make iron man mark6 suit. only cod, legs and shoes left.
    In foam that is, but I wanna do the helm in pepa kura resin ect, so I can keep it for display/ nightlight xD

so I was wondering.. when U scale/size it, it there any way u can measure ur head or something and run by the numbers in pepkura,for exaple height wihththth( dunno how to spell it ), diametre or something .

Or it it just by guessig.
    270mm hmmm seeems more or less. and then when its finished, DOh it doest fit :S

on another note, Love this forums and Keep it up every 1 , stealth, demo, robo, indiefilmgeek ect ect awesome work :D keep inspiering ppls ^^

2. breakpoint

breakpoint Member

PLB= prelunch bump

3. Broadway204

Broadway204 New Member

Look in the mirror and use a ruler and measure across the width of your head in centimetres. 18 cm = 180 mm.

hope this helps

4. j0wE

j0wE Well-Known Member

A lot of people measure their head but don't add the extra inch or so that the helmet needs so it can slip over your head and around your ears. Now, everyone has a differently shaped head, so this might not work for everybody but like broadway said, look in the mirror and measure the height of your head, from chin to the top of your dome, then add 25mm to that, or an inch if you use inches. I don't use the width measurement because it always comes out too big, but the height usually works awesome.

After that just make sure that the helmet is correct in the way it's setup, then just scale the height and the width and depth scale automatically.

5. breakpoint

breakpoint Member

wel I held a ruler in front of my face and from what I can see Its right on the spot as the pepa file .. 26. something :p wish me good luck

6. j0wE

j0wE Well-Known Member

did you add an inch?

7. writefast

writefast Active Member

Mock it up in cardstock or cardboard. Fix the sizing then xfer to your foam.

8. breakpoint

breakpoint Member

naw I meassured the hieght