Question Sizing inserted images? (answered)

Terrible Trio

Hello, I'm a new member here and I've just started posting images on one of my recent builds. Whenever I attach an image to the post, even if it's resolution is 800x600 or 3024x4032, it compresses the image into one tiny panel. I have even changed the size of the image externally, but when I do the image never shows up on my post. How do you make I images larger instead of tiny pixelated panels?

Thank you, T3

Re: Sizing inserted images?

Hello, I'm a new member here and I've just started posting images on one of my recent builds. Whenever I attach an image to the post, even if it's resolution is 800x600 or 3024x4032, it compresses the image into one tiny panel. I have even changed the size of the image externally, but when I do the image never shows up on my post. How do you make I images larger instead of tiny pixelated panels?

Thank you, T3
Once you have gone through attaching the images in the system, come back to your post while still in the edit (more reply options) mode, and click the arrow next to the attachment button (paperclip icon) above. Once you click that arrow, a drop list will have the photos listed there. Double click a photo and it will add it to the post, then hit enter so you drop to the next line, and click the arrown again and select the next photo. Keep doing that so you stack you photos. You can select all the photos at once in the list, and add them all at once, but that will butt them up to each other and in one line. I find stacking them makes it easier to view for people.

I do have a similar question to this:

I did attach some pictures (stored as attachments on theRPF site) to my post.
Sadly these appear much smaller on the site than pictures posted on external platforms.

Is there a way to scale these to the width of the post? The images itself are much bigger than their generated "preview image"...

This is the post I am talking about: #2203
Just compare it to some other posts in the thread, you'll probably notice what I mean. ;)

Thanks for your help!

I do have a similar question to this:

I did attach some pictures (stored as attachments on theRPF site) to my post.
Sadly these appear much smaller on the site than pictures posted on external platforms.

Is there a way to scale these to the width of the post? The images itself are much bigger than their generated "preview image"...

This is the post I am talking about: #2203
Just compare it to some other posts in the thread, you'll probably notice what I mean. ;)

Thanks for your help!
You just click on the image to see the original size.

Haha, thanks for your answer! I am aware of this. ;)

So there is no way to set the size of the preview image?
Maybe I wasn’t clear with my question...

Thanks again!

Haha, thanks for your answer! I am aware of this. ;)

So there is no way to set the size of the preview image?
Maybe I wasn’t clear with my question...

Thanks again!
There is no setting for changing the size of the preview image.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back