Site check, please:

tommin

Sr Member
Hello everyone,

Spring break has finally arrived and wouldn't you know it? Nothing but cold and rainy weather in my corner of the jungle. Everything that I have ready to prime or paint can only sit there and stare at me right now. At times you can even hear a faint whimper coming from one of the projects in particular. :cry

In any event, there is no time to lose. I've just finished a number of updates to my site and am asking you all to give me some feedback on them. Are the links working? Images loading? First time to view it? Regular visitor? Like what you see? Looking for something not already there?

[ :: [url]www.m41a.com[/url] :: ]

It may take some time to load if you are on dial up. As time permits, I do plan to begin breaking it down to sub-sections. Questions and comments are always welcome.

very best regards,

Nice update on the site. I've always enjoyed browsing through your site, and it only gets cooler as you add to.

Your tutorial and sales links at the top of the page don't work [for me] though. I don't know if those sections are up or not, but when I click them the page doesn't change.

I came across your site when I was looking for available pulse rifle kits and was very impressed. What I do find lacking on all the sites I visited is a reviews section that discusses the pros and cons of each rifle kit. Often you'll see a review of the G&P kit but then nothing on all the other alternatives to help make a better buying decision.

Everything on your site was working for me.

Thanks so much for the kind feedback, fellas. It is most appreciated. :)

Originally posted by SG Merc@Mar 23 2006, 08:16 PM
Your tutorial and sales links at the top of the page don't work [for me] though. I don't know if those sections are up or not, but when I click them the page doesn't change.
[snapback]1212074[/snapback]​

Ah.. Thank you. I do have a few tutorials to link up but no open sales right now. Will fix it.

Pretty cool site you've got there, Tom :D.

It's definitely thorough and informative, I'll give you that.

Didn't you used to have a section with member's build ups or am I just imagining that part? That was a pretty cool section; showing each individual's intrepretation of the PR.

-Fred

A great site before, made even better now.

I'm happy to see that you are keeping your hand in despite your busy outside schedule... and delighted that you continue to share your wealth of info and expertise with your fellow collectors.

Very cool, Tom. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Some constructive criticism. :D

When people go to a gallery page on a site about Pulse Rifles, they want to see pictures bigger then 300x150 to drool at. It would be awesome if you could link those to the original size pictures. I know you link them to the Legacy forum but that forces the user to leave your site.

That's my only gripe about the best reference for PR's on the web. :thumbsup

Thanks so much for your kind feedback and encouraging words, everyone. It is most appreciated. :)

Originally posted by RKW+Mar 24 2006, 04:27 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RKW @ Mar 24 2006, 04:27 AM)</div>
What I do find lacking on all the sites I visited is a reviews section that discusses the pros and cons of each rifle kit. Often you'll see a review of the G&P kit but then nothing on all the other alternatives to help make a better buying decision.
[snapback]1212266[/snapback]​
[/b]

I agree. But on the same token, every single firing unit on the ALIENS set was different. One of these days, I hope to have a loaded armory of an assortment of kits and private scratchbuilds. There are some excellent pieces out there. It is a dream. :)

Originally posted by Gigatron@Mar 24 2006, 11:57 AM
Didn't you used to have a section with member's build ups or am I just imagining that part?  That was a pretty cool section; showing each individual's intrepretation of the PR.
[snapback]1212464[/snapback]​

Yes.. Yes, I did. That was something I was working on while playing around Flash MX action scripts. It was never finished and only a rough draft. What I have published can be found here...

[ :: FLASH pulse rifle slide show :: ]

I do believe your most excellent buildup can be found in the mix. :)

<!--QuoteBegin-Griefboy
@Mar 25 2006, 12:27 AM
Some constructive criticism. :D

When people go to a gallery page on a site about Pulse Rifles, they want to see pictures bigger then 300x150 to drool at. It would be awesome if you could link those to the original size pictures. I know you link them to the Legacy forum but that forces the user to leave your site.

That's my only gripe about the best reference for PR's on the web.  :thumbsup
[snapback]1212935[/snapback]​

Constructive criticism is not only welcomed but needed. It is always far better to work with the input of my visitors than attempt to do it on my own. The 300 x 150 pixel dimension has worked well for previews but I do agree that I should offer hi-res versions of those images. However, I do not mind linking back to the RPF, Legacy, RPB, Matsucorp, and the BBC to give credit to some of the image and info sources. Offering hi-res images will not be a difficult thing to do. Thanks so much for the suggestion. Will do. :)

:lol @ Fred. I feel the same way at times. :)

Originally posted by barney five@Mar 26 2006, 08:54 AM
tom, i love your site. very exciting .
but the upper links (tutorials, models&props, ...) didnt work for me.
-joerg
[snapback]1213569[/snapback]​

Thanks, Joerg. I have GOT to get another one of your most amazing build ups posted for the gallery of 2006. Question is, which one? :D

As for the upper links: that has been somewhat of a bugger. The code for the drop-down menu seems to interfere with the pop-up action script for some reason. Most of those options can still be called from this link: [ :: tommin's studios 2004 :: ]
Thanks for reminding me. Will try to fix that very soon.

Thanks again, for the most excellent feedback, everyone. This is very helpful for the site's development.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back