Sintra armor

crazyk187

starting my armor still need some detail work but there coming along. if anyone has any pointers at this point of me project were u might have tried something feel free to drop some know how...............

should i mold them first then fit them together or bond then then mold then paint.......????

it is 1/4 sintra white i am makin sholder groin and but flap

Well the way i did it I cut out all the pieces like you have now, then molded one shoulder piece on my actual shoulder to get it right, then did the rest on that first piece so they were all about the same then attached them. I ended up using rivets to attach them together but I'm not sure there are any rivets big enough to fasten 2 pieces of 1/4 together..also I'd definitely paint them before you attach them together cause there will be hard to get spots once you put it together just make sure it all fits together well before you paint/assemble so you don't have to take a heat gun to a painted part .. GL man!

Bizenboat has given you sound advice there. My whole suit is made from Sintra and it is pretty forgiving but if you bond everything first then heat it, your adhesive or cement will melt or crumble and you will have to touch it all up anyway. Definitely best to mould, paint, assemble. Be sure to leave the ares you need to fix together free from paint and give them a good key first or things will start popping apart. Another good idea that worked for me is to use Isopon or fibreglass on the back of pieces that are likely to be under high strain. You can get small tubs from any auto shop and it adds serious strength where needed.

Good luck.

Thanks guys i am useing some stuff called insatbond it sets up real quick and it will not come apart wonce bonded i took 3 1/4 scrap and bonded them and then put the heat gun to them and the glue did not crack flake or anything the sintra tore when i pulled it apart the glue stayed intact.........if u have used sintra u know ur not taring that stuff with out a vice and some pliers lol......so i am going to use that stuff i just looked at it it is a cyanoacrylate adhesive..lol what ever that is i will give a pic to yall

Keep in mind that little circile shaped of 3 deep 1/4 sentra was bonded then heated and is still strong enough no one can pull it apart u can stand on it!!!

I am going to prime, rub & buff black paint weather it any one got any tips on weathering it i should use a sponge huh?????

thanks everyone

here u go just need to weather them now ..........any pointers would be effin great~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its almost done i am happy i could not weather it all that good it just looks dirty loli just used watered down acrylic paint

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back