Sinrad rangefinder dimensions

mightyjebus

Can anyone help and supply the dimensions of the Sinrad rangefinger. I'm looking for the sizes indicated in the picture below.

I'm looking for the length (black line) not including the lenses height
top width from the edge of the bulge to the other edge of the bulge (red line)
bottom width edge to edge (blue line)
bottom depth (purple line)
top width at its widest point (green line)

If anyone has a real or repro set a few pictures next to a metric or imperial tape measure would be ideal.

Thanks for looking.

Not sure on the exact dimensions of the Simrad but there's one on the bay right now, looks like you snagged one of their pics? :D

If anyone was wondering why I need the dimensions its so I can make them by 3D printing them and I'm currently working on the model now.

And for sure cheaper, after all is said and done. Look at all the build threads based on Markus' kit, there is no better quality around.

Thanks for free ad, but I wouldn't say mine is cheaper....he only has to pay for the filament, paint, hardware if he has its own printer.

Thanks for free ad, but I wouldn't say mine is cheaper....he only has to pay for the filament, paint, hardware if he has its own printer.

I am pretty sure it will be, with all the work he still has to do on the 3D-model and the finishing process etc. etc. And in the end it´s always nicer to have a copy of an original, all of the guessing of measurements, not to speak of the number of ridges on that front lens ring :lol :lol

you can't beat a copy of the real thing, that's for sure.

I'm making the 3D model for a number of reasons, practice using Sketchup, I like to 3D print stuff (i run 2 printers currently), it's a cool looking device to model/make and it's non commercial. There is already a 3D model available on the tinterweb so it's not as if it's the first time it has been done either.

It would be nice to have the sizes i mentioned above so that when I'm finished I'll have a decent electrobinocular that I made from scratch which is close to the size of the real thing.

still looking for the sizes if anyone wants to share them.

In the mean time I printed off the main body to try and get a sense of scale.

next to the Hasbro stormtrooper hemlet.
hand%20for%20scale_zpsyksbszmd.jpg

my hand for scale

bit of an update.

I think this version is too big and it would be nice if someone could supply some general dimensions. I'll be giving this 3D model away for free when it's finished (It will be published on thingiverse).

Looks great!
Your modeling skills are impressive.
Sorry I can't be any help on the measurements.
Wish I could help you out.
I know how hard it can be around here to get some help, especially if your not one of the cool kids.:p
I hope you stay it though.
Good luck,
Robert

resized the main body to a smaller size. Still not 100% accurate as I still haven't found the sizes of the actual range finder (unlikely that I'm going to be sent this).

I've refined a few parts and there are a couple of bits I want to adjust but here's how it looks right now. Final version should be released for free later today or tomorrow.

just to let you know, for some reason the file is no longer on thingiverse, do you think you could reupload, id like to print one of these.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back