Singing Detective, The (1986)

Hi there,
I noticed that they are replaying the singing detective on the BBC at the moment. If you haven't seen it, and you can access BBC iPlayer, watch it now. But that's besides the point, I was wondering if anyone has a high-res image of the cover of the book The Singing Detective that appears in the series? Or an actual copy of the book. I do know that the original script (reformatted) on amazon, but the cover isn't quite accurate, although it does have the image on it.
Oliver

Do watch it again, I've discovered it for the first time and I really can't get enough.
Using the various images to be had on the internet, and my own imagination (curses, that's not allowed here!), i've pieced together a cover on photoshop.
Full HD
Here are some reference shots (I can only find them for the front.)
Big
Also big
Thoughts?

Last edited:
Looks good, printed with some wrap around edges it could go over a hardback book and sit on the shelf.

I've not seen the film version with Robert Downey Jr. But remember watching the series in the UK on TV and enjoying it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back