Simply The Best Megacon Ever.

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by ZacharyHurst, Feb 21, 2012.

1. ZacharyHurst

ZacharyHurst Active Member

Hello fellow RPF'rs, How many of you made it to Megacon this year in Orlando Fl?
    What Did You Wear? What Did You Get? Post the pics of your work on this thread.

2. ZacharyHurst

I gotta say that I thought that this years Megacon looked a little light in the big draw category, With no Kevin Smith and No Kirk or Spock But the big man Stan Lee was there and he was really amazing! I took my "Captive Stark" suit and my Mark IV and had a blast.

3. ZacharyHurst

Here's one pic

4. ZacharyHurst

My idea this year was "The Three stages of Stark"

5. ZacharyHurst

I was honored to win the big raffle this year and got to take home a really beautiful Batsuit from the fine gentlemen at Gotham City F X. It is truly a work of art and I will post pics as soon as possible.

6. crabra comander

crabra comander Sr Member

Dude you won a raffle and received a bat suit?! Now I definitely gotta go to these Cons!

7. moose

moose Active Member

aha i saw you saturday in the full suit. and congrats on the raffle!

8. NormanF

NormanF Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm the guy you talked to after the Tom Felton panel on Saturday in the Wolverines shirt. I posted my pics in one of the other threads.

9. jjdelong

jjdelong New Member

Looks like a blast! Awesome pics
    Did you meet Stan Lee? Hes scheduled for the comic con in Alberta April 27-29, would love to get his autograph...especially before he kicks the bucket hes looken a little on the old side these days haha

10. Fluid

Fluid Active Member

You have no idea how many times all of us said to each other all day that we hoped that you'd win it. Congratulations!!!

11. KWMarvel

KWMarvel Member

Hey man I was the hungover tony stark from megacon!! Amazing suit! Im working on my mine getting it ready for Metrocon.

12. siqclothing

siqclothing New Member

Here is a photo of the Batman suit on set up day #1! Congrats Zach, we are so thankful for your donation to The Second Harvest Food Group & glad you won. And we look forward to pics of you in it!!! ;)[​IMG]

13. Chris Fields

Chris Fields Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey, nice meeting you there. Congrats on the batsuit!

14. ZacharyHurst

Fluid and Siq, I cannot tell you what a great time I had being with you at the con. 40k peeps and you guys felt like family. I will be contacting Selman soon to see about any future collaborations! You made Megacon for me and that was before the raffle.

15. ZacharyHurst

#1 Yes, I did get to meet Mr. Lee and He autographed my Mark IV. It was an amazing experience. He is not long in the tooth at all and was incredibly generous to me and all who came to see him. If you get the chance to meet him you will see what I mean and when he does pass from this world we will be the poorer for it. His crew was welcoming and even asked me to pose for some pictures with Him. They work so hard and yet still take the time to make us feel special.

16. THEMAN

THEMAN Well-Known Member

Nice suit Zach! Saw you strutting around in that thing...and kudos on the bat suit, checked that piece out and it is nice!
    I'm terrible on getting pics for myself so I don't have any from Megacon to share yet, but I am sure they will start popping up eventually.

17. jjdelong

jjdelong New Member

That batsuit is impressive! Congratulations!

18. Kiarou

Kiarou New Member

I went this year!

Was doing an anime cosplay, and we won best prop!

Can't wait to start my next project :)

19. ZacharyHurst

Here are some of the pics of the amazingness of meeting Stan Lee and some work someone did with a greenscreen.

Take a good look at the greensreen pic, It is not a double post! See if you can tell where I filled a gap on the suit. I used paint program and just screwed around a bit.

20. ZacharyHurst

bump for love

21. ZacharyHurst

Stan Lee's co. POW Entertainment contacted me, They would like to do a story on how the suit was made. Stealth, Robo, GlennTech, DungBeetle, Can I give you guys the appropriate credit for the patterns and peps? I couldn't have made the suit without all of your work. I will not mention any of you if you want to stay under the radar but I wanted to get your permission before I plaster your names on Stan's official website.

22. NormanF

NormanF Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

See if you can get one of those 3D things that he was pushing.

23. ironkamakaze

ironkamakaze Member

Dude stan lee! No way. I would have * my self.

24. PunisherNC

PunisherNC Well-Known Member

Zachary- it was a pleasure meeting you, bud... But I don't think I have a single photo from our Avengers shoot on Sat afternoon, lol

25. GlennTech

GlennTech Active Member

I would feel very honored :).

Good job on your iron man costume Zachary :).

It is incredibly how fast people adapted this new method and material. I know many used it for Halo and other costumes. One of my first posts of the iron man foam costume I told about a dream of me. A dream of hundreds of foam Iron Man that would replace the stormtroopers. And it became reality.
    Big shoutout to robo and dunglebeatle, and to STEALTH for continuation of hosting the patterns and updating them.

We're not only, we're a legion.
    -GlennTech-

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  26. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

from what i hear, stealth is taking a break from the rpf (there was a thread about it in the OT) so you might want to contact him directly.