Simple and Super easy Iron Man repulsor glove light system! :)

DarkKnightRyan

For the past couple months I worked on and built a Pepakura Iron Man Mark 7 arm from corrugated plastic. the arm part turned out pretty cool in the end I'm happy to say.

for the hand, I opted for buying the hard rubber $20 right handed Iron Man Cosplay glove, and knew I would have to make some modifications to the palm repulsor part when it arrived as the tiny blue LED light it came with was not even close to realistic in look or brightness of the movie.

I looked up any tutorial I could find on here and other sites on how to make a homemade one, ranging from the LED tap lights, which I did try, but all the soldering and rewiring just was overkill to me, I wanted something simple and durable, yet still looked cool.

Just a couple weeks ago, while looking on Ebay I ran across this nifty little find, a round aluminum based 4-LED USB light!! And the price of $2.99 shipped was something I was willing to take a risk on!

It arrived today and to say the least, I’m extremely impressed! It fit right into my repulsor glove and with just a basic USB extension cable; I plugged one end into the light and the other end into my ANKER portable USB battery pack, and boom! With a push of a button the light is blinding! It's literally as simple as that, heck, even a two year old could do this. lol.

Hopefully this will help some of you guys out, I’ve also included links to all the parts you’d need. The eBay seller I bought this from was even curious himself on how this would work, and wanted a photo of the finished product, haha.

ANKER Portable Battery pack:
http://www.amazon.com/Anker-15000mA...&sr=8-32&keywords=anker+portable+battery+pack

LED USB Light: (from the same seller I bought mine from)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-qualit...204?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e9e3f7eac

USB extension cable (they range from 3-12 feet, I own a 12 foot one, and downsizing to a 5 foot one, which is still long enough to run through the arm and down my side into my pocket to my battery pack)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/351310790784?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Iron Man Cosplay Glove (Many sites offer this kind of glove, some cheaper, and some more pricier, so look around, you may find a better deal on a competitors site)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Avenger...bba853&pid=100338&rk=4&rkt=29&sd=191568935258

IMG_3466.JPGIMG_3467.JPGIMG_3468.JPGIMG_3469.JPGIMG_3470.JPGIMG_3472.JPGIMG_3471.JPGIMG_3474.JPGIMG_3475.JPGIMG_3477.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Couple more shots in normal lighting, so you can see how bright this really is!!

IMG_3450.JPGIMG_3451.JPGIMG_3456.JPG

Honestly, a tap light from the dollar store would fit the glove better than that bulb and it comes with its own power source. No rewiring necessary.

The only mini tap lights I've found were still bigger than the hole in this glove, which measures about two inches across, every tutorial I saw using tap lights required disassembling of the unit's outer cover. I have an idea of adding a ring around the space between the bulb and the glove to make it a better fit.

Good tutorial for people like me (a RPF reader, with faith, but not practicant). It's a thing not too expensive I could made for my children and me. Thanks.

Very cool, I may end up doing this for my new suit as well, easier to control the power and less wiring that I'll have to do. Thank you.

Honestly, a tap light from the dollar store would fit the glove better than that bulb and it comes with its own power source. No rewiring necessary.
Good idea. I bought a couple of 70mm tap lights for my arc reactor, so I'll look out for some smaller ones for a repulsor when I finally get round to making my Mk.43 suit. Like you say, no rewiring necessary. DarkKnightRyan: Your idea sounds really clever but unfortunately I don't have the skills for that kind of work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad some of you have found this useful :) Like any prop builder, I'm always looking for new ways to make things better and on a budget too! as for skills on this The14thDr, like I mentioned above, it's pretty simple, there's really no skill involved. Haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back