Silly/weird Star Wars question

Riceball

Master Member
For some reason a really odd question about Star Wars popped into my mind this morning and I figured what better place to get it answered than here?

It's actually two questions.

1) Where do humans in the Star Wars universe come from? Has it ever been established where humans originated in the Star Wars galaxy, a single world or multiple worlds?

2) Are the various races/species in Star Wars able to interbreed like in Star Trek? Could we get human-twilek half breeds, or a wookie-ewok hybrid, etc?

Star Wars is a story being told to us,....thats why we can understand their language and they are in humanoid form....like us.....I think,....Imagine if the story were to be told to a snail like culture?

J

Han's from corellia, so i just assumed that's the standard corellian.

Where what race/species is from, etc, wasn't part of the story and it doesn't need to be part of the story IMO. Interspecies relationships...that's interesting. In ROTJ Boba has a couple different females hanging off him...everyone gets googly eyed over the twi'lek dancer....that's about as close as you get as of now.

I think I read something that people claimed that all humans originated on Coruscant, but "galactic historians" say that is wrong. Certain species can interbreed. The only one I remember for sure were humans and Twileks. Who the heck knows now that Disney killed everything though. I'm sure they will mess things up, for absolutely no reason, and have wampas from Tatooine or Gungans coming from Hoth just because it's theirs now.

According to stuff in the now-defunct EU, humans originated on Coruscant, along with the Taung -- who later were driven off by the humans and became the Mandalorians. I posit urther that one of the ancient races in the Star Was prehistory came to this galaxy and swiped some humans about 50,000 years ago or more because they were hardy and would make good slave labor, and they were settled on Coruscant.

The humans on other worlds like Alderaan, Corellia, Chandrila, and so forth are all just humans who moved out and colonized the galaxy after the ancient empires went extinct.

We know there's cross-traffic, then and now. The species that E.T. was was in the Republic Senate in Episode I. Threepio and Atroo are heiroglyphs in a Hovitos temple in Raiders o the Lost Ark. Filmmaker's nods or not, that still makes it part of the canon. So E/T/'s people were apparently intergalactic explorers, not just interstellar. And the droids made it here sometime in the more recent past, and were apparently worshipped here too. I like the notion that the films are a dramatization of historical records extracted from Artoo, and that the droids are now being studied by Top Men.

I also wrote a short story years ago where the Arthur legend is basically a story of three Jedi Knights who escaped the Purge, but crashed here. Merlin was brain damaged and lost the ability to tell reality from his visions and wandered off. Nimue tracked him and eventually had to imprison him. She retreated to their ship to live in solitude, while the third, Uther, had gone out and made a life for himself. He did send his son to Nimue to retrieve his lightsaber (Excalibur). By this point the depression the ship had made had filled with water, and the ship could only be accessed through a top hatch, with a small island helping disguise it. Oh, and I suppose I should mention the ship was named Avalon. It's fun to tie Star Wars in with our own myths and legends. :)

--Jonah

Han's from corellia, so i just assumed that's the standard corellian.

Where what race/species is from, etc, wasn't part of the story and it doesn't need to be part of the story IMO. Interspecies relationships...that's interesting. In ROTJ Boba has a couple different females hanging off him...everyone gets googly eyed over the twi'lek dancer....that's about as close as you get as of now.

No it doesn't but it does add flavor to the universe, in my opinion. I like the stuff they write in those visual dictionaries and definitive guides and was curious if the origins of humans in the Star Wars universe was as thought out as it is in Star Trek, and likewise if the different races could cross breed.

On the subject of cross breeds, creating Star Wars half breeds for costuming would be interesting. The best would be a wookie-ewok hybrid, since most people are taller than ewok and shorter than wookies it would eliminate the need to make yourself a short wookie or a real ewok and it allows for a good deal of freedom in your character design.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

What made the sound effect for the TIE fighter's guns? That SH'SHNK--SH'SHNK sound? And X-wing's guns? That SH'BLAT-- SH'BLAT sound.....

Please forgive my ebonics....

What made the sound effect for the TIE fighter's guns? That SH'SHNK--SH'SHNK sound? And X-wing's guns? That SH'BLAT-- SH'BLAT sound.....

Please forgive my ebonics....
1280px-Skywalker_Sound_logo.svg.png

It might be a case of intergalactic travel being so old that no one knows anymore.

This has always been my take on it.
Similar to how humans have forgotten we migrated here from Mars, and prior to that migrated to Mars from the ex-planet that now makes up the asteroid belt.
I know it's a silly theory, but it's a fun theory, and I'm sticking to it.

I only quoted this because it made me laugh.

This has always been my take on it.
Similar to how humans have forgotten we migrated here from Mars, and prior to that migrated to Mars from the ex-planet that now makes up the asteroid belt.
I know it's a silly theory, but it's a fun theory, and I'm sticking to it.

Wait a second... I thought Xenu dumped us into a volcano?

I saw a deal years ago where some blaster sound came from the sound guy being stuck in traffic. He saw a power line going into the group with the metal sleeve on it and got out with his tape recorder and hit the pipe...sound was born :)

On the subject of cross breeds, creating Star Wars half breeds for costuming would be interesting. The best would be a wookie-ewok hybrid, since most people are taller than ewok and shorter than wookies it would eliminate the need to make yourself a short wookie or a real ewok and it allows for a good deal of freedom in your character design.

so then a gungan...

TarpalsHS.jpg

and Yaddle
Yaddle-SWE.jpg

make this? :lol

Piell_infobox.jpg

stern-nass-laugh.jpg

Mark my words, when Abrams the Hack is finished, humans on Earth will have been seeded by Star Wars humans.

Prolly.
But is that really any worse than an entire GALAXY full of people, yet everyone we've met so far (all 5 of them) are related somehow?
i:e: Luke is Leia's sister. Vader is Luke's dad. Vader made 3-PO. Fette made EVERYBODY. Blah, blah, blah...
I was okay with Vader being Luke's dad - that was surprising.
But then it was like George saw the reaction and was like "Everybody's related to everybody! That's what the kids want!"
So now we have an entire galaxy - a GALAXY! - and 12 key people are all related and 100,000millionbillion people just don't matter at all.
Yup.. that's good story telling [/sarcasm]

They are not really humans. The fact is that if you were to actually travel to the SW universe and meet with Han Solo or any other "human", you would immediately notice that the average one is only about 3.75" tall. The entire galaxy is a different scale than ours. That's why Kenner/ Hasbro made the figures that size... They are life size. Not sure why everyone in the the Star Wars forum is making their replicas oversize.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back