Silicone Rubber Suits...How To Make, Paint...any interest in a cool tutorial?

DAVIDYR1

Official Licensee
Hey Hunters!

Over the last few months I've gotten a few Predator related emails about the silicone suits we used to make.
How to go from clay to mold?...from mold to casting?...how to prep for paint?...what paint to use?...and so on.

None of this is easily answered in a few short words, and a lot of the emails really asked the same thing.... so I figured putting this out to you fine folks here and seeing if it was at all of general interest.
Do you need/want a breakdown of how we did our suits? I know Latex is still King around these parts, but if anyone is curious about other materials this may be cool for some time-killing reading.

If you've already got basic questions or have contacted me about this stuff...just go ahead and post your email/PM here....

Cool?

David

I'm interested as well. Silicone I heard is great for skins now a days due to the soft, stretchable, and look of real skin. I want to use Ecoflex from Smooth-on, so yeah bring on the Huntorial my friend

David, thanks for posting this here.

You have my questons already. but i will put them below.

looking forward to more views and opinions on painting the stuff.

Do you have a preference for system? fuseFX or Psycho etc?

As i want my P1 head mould to be flexible to pour my GEL00 into, would you recommend Urethane Rubber with a hard mother mould?

Thanks again.

I'll probably have some time to address all your questions and create some form of basic step-by-step by the weekend. We're in the middle of closing our 3rd quarter TDK Batman Leather garment deliveries, releasing Tron Legacy and finalizing our 4th Studio License.

Over the weekend I'll get this started. :p
FYI this will be posted here openly...not something private I'll email out.

Hope you guys have fun with it. It sure was a lot of fun for me........

David

Silicone!!! YEAH!! with a bit of luck it shouldnt be that hard with a huntorial as long as the supplies are available and hopefully it would last longer and stand up to more as oppose to latex. cant wait to see the tut.

Hey guys!!!
Sorry-sorry-sorry for the delay here. I wanted to do this while things were 'slightly' calm on our end...but I should have known that it was just the usual calm before the storm.
I really didn't mean for this to drag on but I do need more time to put something cool together for you all. Again, really sorry and I hope this doesn't come off flaky.
The simple truth is we've introduced some new products that have really taken off quickly, and as such I've been completely swamped...and on top of it all our 4th studio license is in the works here behind the scenes.
I just need things to calm down a bit so that I can go through old pics of sculpts, molds and so on..so that this all makes good sense and for a cool read.
The one thing I do want to thank you all for is not bombarding me with emails or PM's reminding me about this thread. This probably above all else I'm extremely grateful for.
I'll make it worth the wait.... :)

David

I along with a few others are patiently waiting. and very curious about this whole process!

Take your time. Good things come to those who wait.

I would love to see those tuts.
I gotta start working on the latex department and leave the armor deparment a lone a litle

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back