Silicone part 2 freddy

frosty

Sr Member
Well more experimenting with platgel, an old sculpt of mine, originally done in latex, just a painting experiment, worked out ok, never thought i'd get platgel out of a mould i'd used for latex, i sealed the heck out of it first.
DSCF9918.jpg

DSCF9917.jpg

My wifes making up a sweater piece for it

Looks nice Ian, love the prt 2 eye colour.

If you do another one, try making the base silicone a little more opaque, it will stop so much of the light passing through and give the paint greater depth

Cheers bud, The sculpt is years old, not how i'd do it now, it was just an excuse to practise my silicone painting, i agree it is a bit to translucent, but you pick up things each time you do it. The eyes i backpainted, simple enough.

For some reason I never really got into Freddy, but that looks just freaky in silcone..

Is silicone painting alot harder than latex? I've done a few latex paint ups in the past..

not harder, just takes getting used to, i've been using fuse fx paints which go on really well, you can use other paints, silicone caulking and oil paints is one i want to try

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back